August 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Party planning question

So DH likes to throw parties for various holidays. We were talking at dinner the other night about having an ugly Christmas sweater party in December. He wants to get cute invitations from the lady who made our wedding invitations. I like planning in advance so I am happy to discuss the idea now. My question is, what time should the party start? It would be an appetizers and dessert sort of thing in our living room. Oh and I hope the ugly Christmas sweater thing isn't out by the time this Christmas season rolls around...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Party planning question

• Too cute. I don't think that will ever go away. Well unless ugly sweaters become trendy...

I think later in the evening matches just small bites and desserts. And the invitation could inform guests so they can plan their meals for the day around the start time. Maybe later afternoon is better. Are you serving drinks?

I'm curious what others will say... Others?

image Itchy nose.
  • I think 8 or 9 depending on who you're inviting. You can always put something on the invite that says you'll be serving munchie food only. But I think most people assume that Christmas parties aren't full meals unless you specifically say something about dinner being served.

Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties are so fun! Just remember that you might have to crank on the ac if it's not freezing out!

PS - it's so sweet that DH loves party planning!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree later in the evening would be perfect!  I also like the idea of stating you will be serving munchie food, that way people know to eat something before they come.  Keep us updated on your planning!  Sounds like fun!!

I've never been to an "ugly sweater" party, but my friend was trying to find one to wear out to an opera (her in-laws are very uptight and she and her husband thought it would be hilarious to go to the opera in ugly sweaters).  Come to find that it can be very hard to find an ugly sweater appropriate for an opera lol!  Good memories made shopping though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have thrown parties like this before, and we typically start at 8 or 9 in the evening.  I think this is a great time of day when you are planning on appetizers and desserts.
  • I typically plan my parties like this for around 730. Knowning that people usually don't show up until 8/830 if you tell them that time!

Usually when we send out invites its casual but I mentioned something like spiked hot chocolate and munchies served, bring anything else you like!

• I typically plan my parties like this for around 730. Knowning that people usually don't show up until 8/830 if you tell them that time!

Usually when we send out invites its casual but I mention something like spiked hot chocolate and munchies served, bring anything else you like!