Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Monday Randoms

Last week of August. How about that, Saturday is the start of September and the "end of summer". 

I continue to pack. About 1/2 the kitchen is done and I'm doing other rooms bit by bit. Packed up all the non essentials of our clothes yesterday and part of the bath room. Need to get as much down as I can. This weekend will be the main move and then DH & I will "camp out" here for the final week before we have to leave. Today we will move a few items over and I'll dig up the garden items we are taking. By the way if anyone is interested in some vegetation let me know. I have 

The down side to all this is DH is so booked with work he can't help yet and SS is pretty much useless since he packed his room up and doesn't want to help with anything else. I asked him 3x to clean out the 1/2 bath and he just threw everything in boxes and didn't label them. He's kind of being a little brat about things too. The room he is going into is smaller than the one he has so we've told him several times that he can't have everything some has to be put into storage or thrown away but he refuses to do so. So he has 20 boxes of broken pieces of what nots and things that he doesn't even use but can't live without. Grrr...tennagers. School starts for him next week and Wednesday I take him so he can pick up his books and things. 

On the bringer side it sounds like we will have a good amount of help to move. 2-4 friends said that they will help and a couple of my Aunts too. My Mom's cousin has a 17 foot covered trailer and said he will bring that with is truck to help too.  

Sorry to vent so earlier in the morning. 

Re: Monday Randoms

• **Hugs** Deeder, this is a stressful time. Wishing you all the best for a smooth move and transition, for brighter days ahead.

I am exhausted from canning pizza sauce, ketchup, and barbecue sauce this weekend.  

• Good luck Deeder. This will be over soon.

Yesterday we tortured ourselves by going to a couple of open houses. Sigh. WANT.

Thinking out getting a holiday job since nothing else seems to be panning out. 

Anniversary
  • Thanks girls. 

Wendy: have you ever tried canning soup? Hhmmmm homemade pizza sauce I wouldn't have even thought that you could can that.  

BnG: That has to be a huge frustration for you on the job front. How was the concert on Friday? Did you guys have fun? 

• image Deeder522:

Thanks girls. 

Wendy: have you ever tried canning soup? Hhmmmm homemade pizza sauce I wouldn't have even thought that you could can that.  

I have not. Most soups require a pressure canner - I do have a hand me down pressure canner from my mom but I haven't ventured into using it yet. 

• Aww Deeder. I'm sorry! I can't imagine how you feel. Hope that you were able to have an ok weekend.

On a yucky note, I threw up blood this morning. I don't know if it's something to be worried about or not. I feel ok at the momment.

• image Deeder522:

BnG: That has to be a huge frustration for you on the job front. How was the concert on Friday? Did you guys have fun? 

It is . Everyone keeps saying that the right job will come along and to be patient and keep praying. I'll tell that to the bills and holidays that are coming. But I'm trying.

I put in a few apps last week that might pan out. I'm really hoping I get a call. I will follow up later this week,

The concert was excellent! Until the weed and cigarette smoke almost choked us lol. 

Anniversary
  • image charitylynne_1979:

Aww Deeder. I'm sorry! I can't imagine how you feel. Hope that you were able to have an ok weekend.

On a yucky note, I threw up blood this morning. I don't know if it's something to be worried about or not. I feel ok at the momment.

I would be worried if I threw up blood. I think you might want to call the DR office and see what they say. 

• Yeah Charity, I think you should get that checked.
    Anniversary
  • Good Morning. I spent the morning grocery shopping and sorting through clothes for Allison for school this fall. I had a big stash of stuff I bought ahead on clearance or at garage sales or stuff that was handed down. I had her try on all the pants this morning. She is such a skinny minnie.

I only bought two new outfits for her and I realized one of them doesn't fit dress code.  I am going to have to find a solid color shirt.  They can wear shirts with consistent patterns, but not pictures or words. I didn't even think of it when I bought the shirt. Hopefully it doesn't stay warm too long this season. I don't have a lot of short sleeve shirts that doesn't have a picture on them. Luckily I put a few of her nice spring outfits away to keep them nice with the thought she could wear them when school started. 

• image gvsubride05:

Good Morning. I spent the morning grocery shopping and sorting through clothes for Allison for school this fall. I had a big stash of stuff I bought ahead on clearance or at garage sales or stuff that was handed down. I had her try on all the pants this morning. She is such a skinny minnie.

I only bought two new outfits for her and I realized one of them doesn't fit dress code.  I am going to have to find a solid color shirt.  They can wear shirts with consistent patterns, but not pictures or words. I didn't even think of it when I bought the shirt. Hopefully it doesn't stay warm too long this season. I don't have a lot of short sleeve shirts that doesn't have a picture on them. Luckily I put a few of her nice spring outfits away to keep them nice with the thought she could wear them when school started. 

• image gvsubride05:

Good Morning. I spent the morning grocery shopping and sorting through clothes for Allison for school this fall. I had a big stash of stuff I bought ahead on clearance or at garage sales or stuff that was handed down. I had her try on all the pants this morning. She is such a skinny minnie.

Opps I forgot to type something. Is she going into pre school or kindergarten?

• She is going into K.