Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

It's not Thursday yet but Thursday randoms!

Ok, yes it's still Wed. night but I've missed you gals since I've been OOT for 2 days. Hopefully it's ok that I'm starting these early....maybe someone else is on this late!? 

Currently I'm enjoying a vodka cranberry and unwinding from my day.

BFF and I went to Rock the Rapids last night for the Uproar Festival. It was a great time, although super crazy. Did anyone else attend??

Re: It's not Thursday yet but Thursday randoms!

• I didn't go to RtR, but I'm glad to hear you had a good time. 

My parents picked up their "new" car yesterday. Today they met a guy who is interested in buying their mustang. 

SS is set for school. Just has to pick his things up at the HS next week and I just realized school starts in less than 2 weeks.  

I've been working on my list of what to pack and in what order. What I can pack right away and start to get the ball rolling. Sad, but I started with the magnets on the fridge. It looks so plain and white now. DH & I were talking about what we take and were we put things. Right now we are thinking about putting somethings at the office.  Tomorrow we should know exactly when we have to be out.

• My beautiful little girl is 1 year old today!  Cake Time has flown by.  I'm a little emotional this morning. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning. We are going to Rock the Rapids on Friday. Should be a good time.

Today I need to clean this joint. I tried to get B to get tired of the clutter and start cleaning. No dice.

Might make molten lava cakes later.

What's for dinner?  I'm in a rut. 

Anniversary
  • image TheWop:

My beautiful little girl is 1 year old today!  Cake Time has flown by.  I'm a little emotional this morning. 

Happy birthday baby Wop! What are you all doing to celebrate? 

Anniversary
  • image TheWop:

My beautiful little girl is 1 year old today!  Cake Time has flown by.  I'm a little emotional this morning. 

• image BnGCookies820:
    image TheWop:

Happy birthday baby Wop! What are you all doing to celebrate? 

Nothing super special today.  She'll get her favorite thing for dinner (ravioli) with a cupcake, open a little present, and then we'll probably just play until she goes to bed.  DH is in a wedding tomorrow, and has the rehearsal tonight so he's taking half a day off work to spend time with her until I get out of work.  Her birthday party isn't until September 1st, and it'll be a simple cookout with the fam. 

• image BnGCookies820:

Morning. We are going to Rock the Rapids on Friday. Should be a good time.

Today I need to clean this joint. I tried to get B to get tired of the clutter and start cleaning. No dice.

Might make molten lava cakes later.

What's for dinner?  I'm in a rut. 

I've got Baked Tacos to my list to try and I recently did French Bread Pizza 

• Tonight will probably be eggs and toast for me.  Haha.

Lately though I've made: shrimp linguine, chicken gyros, BLT's, steak, Aloha chicken burgers (DH loved these), black bean burritos, sloppy joes, stuffed acorn squash

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-chicken-gyro/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/aloha-chicken-burgers/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/delicious-black-bean-burritos/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sloppy-joe-sandwiches/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/stuffed-acorn-squash-supreme/detail.aspx

• I love my mom but I hope I don't get sick of her this weekend. She wants to go to the quilt show tomorrow and I'm debating whether or not to take a day off work. I was going to take a half day anyway to clean since she's coming over on Saturday to do some canning.

DH is headed up north after work on Saturday to work on his deer blind and will be there until Sunday night. So I'll be at my parents on Sunday for lunch. :-) At least it's supposed to be nice so maybe I'll take my motorcycle.

• Deeder: Hopefully the guy will want your parents car, and it works out! Sorry about the packing crap. :(

Wop: Happy Birthday BabyWop!!!! I can't believe it, time really has flown by!

BnG: Have fun on Friday! No dinner plans here either.... so I'm no help today.

Wendy: My SO is also working on deer hunting stuff this weekend.... blah!

• Thanks for all of the recipes. B will love that chicken burger.
    Anniversary
  • WFL? SO wants to pick me up for chinese but I'm not really feelin' it....
  • I so wanna crawl back into bed. I didn't go to bed until about 12:30.

Supposed to be nice today but hot - blah. I want the weather back that we had last week!!!!

Tonight Mike wants to go out for dinner so we'll see where.

• Happy Birthday Baby Wop!