Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dead mouse smell! :z

Help! I have company coming over and my kitchen smells like a dead mouse. I can only assume it is under the dishwasher because I can not find it under the sink but I smell it! (grrr) I have tried the bowl of white distilled vinegar and in the process of trying the sliced onion, but does anyone have any only suggestions. If I could just find the dang thing that would be best but sadly I can not. humf:(  

Re: Dead mouse smell! :z

• Try burning some coffee beans in a frying pan. I've also read burning incense.

I think the smell will disappear after 7 - 10 days.

• Get a nice smelling candle or oil infuser. You could bake some cookies too... Or a plug in??

I would have someone help you move your dishwasher to find the decaying animal... Its the worse smell  :-/ 

<p>[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/ega6ic.jpg[/IMG]
    <p>
    <p>
    BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    <p>BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 no baby/just sac on u/s 02/25/13 chemical abortion 03/02/13 9wks
  • Burning coffee might do the trick. Had used it once many years back.
  • Thank you all! I ran out of time but the Onion really worked! It began to smell like onions once it soaked up the smell and when it started to smell the next day i just put the onion back under the sink and it really absorbed the smell! Just thought I would share that as well. Thanks again
  • Incense works very well, although it does give me a headache at times. I also use Fabreeze and then spray some of my dog cologne around the room as well as lighting a candle and some perfume, and if that doesn?t help then try cooking something that smells delicious! All the scents will eliminate the mouse odor! Oh, open a bottle of nail polish remover or paint your nails that will add yet another smell.