Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thursday Randoms

How is everyone doing? I have to admit that I needed to take 2 anxiety pills this morning - oh well. Got doctors appt this afternoon for stomach results.

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Mornin'... I wish it was Friday! Can't wait for the weekend. I have nothing planned, except cleaning and laundry.....but it really needs to get done.

Last night I made Carolina pork chops, collard green and mushroom rice pilaf for dinner...it was one of the best we've had in a while!

• I put my parents mustang up on craigslist last night. Here's hoping we get someone to make an offer.

Tonight I'm meeting up with a friend who is having a party this Saturday. I'm meeting her to hand off some supplies and help with a few last decision making. She's been planning this for about 3 months now so I really hope it all goes well.

DH put gas in the car yesterday and that was the last of our money until we get an invoice paid. Sadly insurance and internet bill go through in the next few days so I have a very strong feeling that our account will be negative. :( Downside of self employment sometimes.

Looks like rain all day. 

• I sent out a resume today.  The first I've sent out in years. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image TheWop:
    I sent out a resume today.  The first I've sent out in years. 

Yay!! 

• image Deeder522:

image TheWop:
    I sent out a resume today.  The first I've sent out in years. 

Yay!! 

I'm sure nothing will come of it (who expects to get a call from the first resume they send out?), but it was kind of exciting. 

• I am definitely ready for the weekend. I finally get to sleep in on Saturday. We have a slow food event at Creswick (would love to have you come! shameless plug: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/262485 it's only $10 for brats, food, and bluegrass. It's BYOB.)

Tomorrow we are signing papers for the refi on our house. Yay for saving money with a new lower interest rate! 

• Speaking of doctors appt, I have decided to not pursue any more tests or procedures. They have done 3 already and nothing has been abnormal so I don't see the reasoning of other testing. Just keep me on the iron pills and I'll be fine.
  • I have a strange feeling of guilt about sending out resumes.  Not sure what my deal is.  My H doesn't think I should be looking.  He says I have it good where I'm at, which may be true, but I'm still curious to know what else is out there and if my lack of formal college education is really that big of a deal.  I guess, what will be, will be. 
  • image TheWop:
    I have a strange feeling of guilt about sending out resumes.  Not sure what my deal is.  My H doesn't think I should be looking.  He says I have it good where I'm at, which may be true, but I'm still curious to know what else is out there and if my lack of formal college education is really that big of a deal.  I guess, what will be, will be. 

what field are you exploring? 

• image WendyGR:

image TheWop:
    I have a strange feeling of guilt about sending out resumes.  Not sure what my deal is.  My H doesn't think I should be looking.  He says I have it good where I'm at, which may be true, but I'm still curious to know what else is out there and if my lack of formal college education is really that big of a deal.  I guess, what will be, will be. 

what field are you exploring? 

Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant

• Yay!!! I found a home for the abandoned cat that I rescued last week. SO happy!
  • image TheWop:

There is no harm in looking.

• image Deeder522:

image TheWop:

There is no harm in looking.

Agreed!!