Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Monday Randoms

Hey hey ladies! How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was nice, went to the ranch and played with the horses all day on Saturday. Yesterday we had our company picnic, which I helped plan. 160ish people who signed up, didn't show. That's almost $2,000 in food that we didn't need to buy. Crazy.

Re: Monday Randoms

• Hey Teach! How are you?

Weekend was good. Went to a Whitecaps game, and to the zoo yesterday. I'm sad the olympics are over, but I'm looking forward to Rio. It's going to be crazy! I sound like I'm going. I wish.

Anyway, today is more of the same. Looking for jobs, and trying not to totally waste the day.

Teach- PM in a minute. 

Anniversary
  • I am completely sunburned on my neck as I was on the motorcycle range Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Good news is, I passed! Yay! And since I was so exhausted DH made chili for dinner last night using tomatoes and peppers from our garden, it was so yummy.
  • Nothing to exciting to report. I tagged along with friends to a family volleyball game. I didn't play but still had a nice time. Sunday I sat with my neighbors for part of the afternoon while they had a garage sale. All 3 f us were surprised on the amount of people stopped by for a Sunday. 

I watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics last night. I liked it. Winter ones are in about 18 months and they are in Russia.

I'm still working on a meal plan for the week. I have enchilada's and pasta primavera so far.  

• image Deeder522:

I'm still working on a meal plan for the week. I have enchilada's and pasta primavera so far.  

This we're having shrimp/artichoke pasta (shrimp is $5.99 at Meijer this week), goat cheese stuffed tomatoes (goat cheese is 2/$6), frozen pizza, chicken gyros, steak, and cheese and chili stuffed chicken (from the Target grocery section). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image TheWop:
    image Deeder522:

This we're having shrimp/artichoke pasta (shrimp is $5.99 at Meijer this week), goat cheese stuffed tomatoes (goat cheese is 2/$6), frozen pizza, chicken gyros, steak, and cheese and chili stuffed chicken (from the Target grocery section). 

I HAVE to go shopping tonight, we don't have bread or even eggs. Hah. I'm thinking jerk shrimp (thanks for the reminder they are on sale, Wop!) and other than that...not sure.

• image WendyGR:
    I am completely sunburned on my neck as I was on the motorcycle range Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Good news is, I passed! Yay! And since I was so exhausted DH made chili for dinner last night using tomatoes and peppers from our garden, it was so yummy.

How exciting, congrats!!

• I have an interview for a teaching job on Thursday. I'm soooooo nervous. I have a list of questions that I need to get practicing on and I'm doing a mock interview with my mom tomorrow (she does interviewing for her work). Yeah, I'm a dork.
  • image TeacherToBe6:
    image TheWop:
    image Deeder522:

I HAVE to go shopping tonight, we don't have bread or even eggs. Hah. I'm thinking jerk shrimp (thanks for the reminder they are on sale, Wop!) and other than that...not sure.

Haha.  We don't have bread or eggs either.  I hope the store isn't too busy. *sigh*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image TeacherToBe6:
    I have an interview for a teaching job on Thursday. I'm soooooo nervous. I have a list of questions that I need to get practicing on and I'm doing a mock interview with my mom tomorrow (she does interviewing for her work). Yeah, I'm a dork.
    good luck! And, thanks all for letting me know the shrimp is on sale. I have a couple of jars of artichokes and pasta, shrimp and artichoke pasta sounds awesome.
  • image TheWop:
    image Deeder522:

Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto on the menu now. Thanks! 

• Wendy - awesome job!

I have to go to the store quickly after work but only need OJ and mouth wash. So hopefully I can get out quickly. Working out tonight too.