Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Camping?

We are going camping for the very first time! We have two kids, 3 and 1. I'm trying to put together a list of things to bring. For those of you who have been camping any suggestions on what to bring? I know all the basic stuff and any of those little things that you may of forgotten to bring in the past or wish you had thought to bring along with you?

Re: Camping?

• A mini first aid kit that can go in your diaper bag (including antiseptic and also creams for stings).

Lots of hand wipes.

Extra plastic bags to put dirty diapers in...you cannot leave your camping site dirty. Pack in, pack out.

Extra socks and some grubby shoes that the kids can get wet/dirty.

• I like having a dust pan and hand broom available so that I can get most of the dirt out of the tent each night before I have to sleep in it.  Maybe i'm just a clean freak though. Smile
    • A big bin for doing dishes
    • Biodegradable dish soap
    • Dish cloths, towels
    • A big jug for potable water (makes it easier than running back and forth to the tap)
    • Rope/cord (can be used for lots of things, but in particular - a clothesline)
    • Extension cords (if you're camping in an electrified site)
    • Stuff to do around the campfire (marshmallows, hot dogs for roasting)
    • Folding chairs
    • Flashlights
    • Bug spray

A safety note, never keep food in your tent, it can attract animals. Store food in your car and make sure all dishes are clean.

Have a great time!