Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Post Dated Checks

Anyone know how long we have to cash them before they will become stale? Google says 6 months. Is this always true? 
Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/6/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Re: Post Dated Checks

• I have never been told otherwise. After 6months they are no longer good.
  • lb1117lb1117 member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    That's what I'm finding too. Gah! My BIL owes is $$ and still has $3000 left and wrote post-dates checks and has been telling us to put off cashing them and now they've expired! Crap!

• I don't necessarily think it's 6 months in all cases... 

DH found a 2 year old check from his previous employer not too long ago and we cashed it just fine.. 

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation) and endo. HSG in '10 revealed both tubes blocked. Lap surgery in Dec '10 to correct. Failed Clomid/IUI and injectable(Bravelle)/IUI cycles so far.  

• lb1117lb1117 member
    image RockABye:

I don't necessarily think it's 6 months in all cases... 

DH found a 2 year old check from his previous employer not too long ago and we cashed it just fine.. 

I think there are different rules for paychecks vs. personal cheques though!  

• lb1117lb1117 member
    image RockABye:

Oops.  Sorry for the duplicate post!

• You can still try to cash them when he says to. Unless they have a stale date they should be fine!
    photo 769dde2a-c564-460c-ba30-82a19d2460da_zps5fb91eed.jpg
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!
  • image lb1117:
    image RockABye:

Who knows. I know I've cashed old bday checks in the past. I'd say try to cash it. If it goes through, great.. if it doesn't, well, then you know!  

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation) and endo. HSG in '10 revealed both tubes blocked. Lap surgery in Dec '10 to correct. Failed Clomid/IUI and injectable(Bravelle)/IUI cycles so far.  

• lb1117lb1117 member
    image RockABye:
    image lb1117:
    image RockABye:

Who knows. I know I've cashed old bday checks in the past. I'd say try to cash it. If it goes through, great.. if it doesn't, well, then you know!  

Very true! Mind you, who knows when we will be able to cash one and he isn't paying interest anymore :-( My DH is turning into a bear!  

• after working in a bank for awhile i learned a few things:

post dating checks is actually illegal. nobody has to follow the date on the check, least of all the bank. the bank will process it because, back to the beginning, you cannot post date a check (obviously one CAN, but one is not supposed to).

personal checks are 6 months, if i recall correctly. business checks typically have their life span printed on them (usually more like 90 days). if a check was 2 years old and it was cashed it's most likely that various people at the bank missed the date because it should have been stopped.

people really do believe that if they post date a check that the person they give the check to and the bank then can't do anything with it until that date...and then walk in to the bank scathing because their account bounced. if people want to hold on to a check as a courtesy, that's up to them.

Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• wait, is post dated what you mean to say here? it sounds like it's a check that was written 6+ months ago, dated the same, but that he told you not to cash. yes?
    Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• lb1117lb1117 member

image carcrashheart:
    wait, is post dated what you mean to say here? it sounds like it's a check that was written 6+ months ago, dated the same, but that he told you not to cash. yes?

They were given to us around Christmas. Dated January-March every two weeks. However, he kept asking us not to put them in the bank on the date they were written for. So now, we have checks from February/March that he still owes us, but he's put us off all this time saying he doesn't have the $ for us to cash them yet. Does that make sense?