Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Twilight Re-read

Okay, who read it?

How many times it it for you?

What made it special for you this time? What was different compared to when you read it before?

How do you feel about Edward and Bella? Do you think they would have a relationship if Edward wasn't a vampire?

What is your favorite scene of the book? Has it changed over time? What is your least favorite?

What do you think was the most important part of the book?

In case you are in the mood to do a quiz...

http://www.gradesaver.com/twilight/study-guide/quiz1/

Robin
<><
Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

Re: Twilight Re-read

• I thought I kept good track on Goodreads but I don't think it's very accurate. I want to say I have read it 4-5 times

I read it more for the nostalgia than anything else. Since I know what's going to happen, I can focus on other less obvious parts. Also, I think a lot about MS when I read it and remind myself about what Edward is doing. Makes it even better. DARN YOU SM.

Well, I have always been fully Team Edward. Bella annoys me more with each book. The more I read it, the more ridiculous I think the start of their relationship is. It really does come on really fast and then they are already risking their lives for each other. Not very realistic. One of the areas that I focused on more was Edward's breath. I never really noticed it as much before but I feel like it plays a big part for their relationship. It's like it brainwashes Bella. He breathes on her and she's almost stunned. If he didn't have those looks and breath, and Bella didn't have the fragrance that has, I'm not quite sure they would ever have much of a connection. It's so much about these physical attributes and not as much to do with their character or personality....because honestly, why else does Edward just let Bella go off and cheat on him whenever she feels like it.

I love the time they spend getting to know each other and the 20 questions. I wish there was more of that in the movie. Of course, I love the meadow as well. What bothers me is the baseball scene. With 5 min, they really did seem to have enough time to get out of the clearing. Seems like a really stupid choice to just stay put. Also, the fact that there wasnt that much of a fight from Charlie when Bella leaves is unrealistic to me and there was hardly any punishment. She was grounded but it didn't seem to have much impact on her relationship with Charlie and I think it should have been a bigger deal.

I think the climax plays a huge role for the entire series. The fact that Edward can drink her blood and hold himself back is pretty much the only reason they can have a relationship. The amount of control that Edward has to display is pretty amazing. Bella really is a weak character in my mind. Edward has all the difficulties...keeping himself from killing her, keeping her from getting harmed. He really has the tougher job in the relationship. It seems to mean more because of that.

Robin
    <><

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• The baseball scene has always annoyed me. I forgot to do the re-read so I don't quite remember how the book went and am thinking of the movie but its so silly, They had plenty of time to run. But for being vampires and having one with "unparalleled senses" like James, it took for the wind to blow for them to catch on she was human, even though they were standing 2 feet away? 
  • "Twilight" is still my favorite book in the series.  

But I don't really understand why Edward thinks Bella is so extraordinary (other than the mind shield thing).  I actually think SM's potrayal of Bella is kind of genius. 

Bella is exactly her target audience:  A shy girl who loves to read. Then she threw in a lot of "shy girl" stereotypes.  She doesn't have a lot of friends, she isn't athletic, and she's smart.  Bella even has brown eyes and long brown hair to look like most of the female population.  I wonder if she had someone to help  making her so relatable. 

The part that annoys me is that somehow, Alice and Jasper can't hear Bella's phone call with James.  They have such amazing hearing that they can hear a whisper across the field, but can't hear the other end of a phone call 5 feet away?  

• Good point. I never thought of that. doh!
    Robin
    <><

• Okay, who read it? I just finished the whole series for the first time over the past few months.  You girls convinced me I had to read it after I watched the first three movies in December.  Thank you to all for that recommendation!! 

How many times it it for you?  I have only read the book once but I have seen the movie countless times since Decemeber.  I watch it on my ipad in my room everytime I fold laundry...and that is quite often.

What made it special for you this time? What was different compared to when you read it before?  I loved reading the book after the movie because I learned so much more and felt much more connected to the characters.

How do you feel about Edward and Bella? Do you think they would have a relationship if Edward wasn't a vampire?  I like them together and I think they would b/c she seemed more mature than other girls (but now the real world (and their real relationship) kind of affects my views)

What is your favorite scene of the book? Has it changed over time? What is your least favorite?  I love the beginning more than the end.  The courting and relationship building more than the action of James, etc.

What do you think was the most important part of the book?  Bella and Edwards first conversation about him being a vampire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers