Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: GRRR Olympics spoilers! (NS)

I kind of hate the whole NBC online live stream that is only for cable customers. We don't have cable, so I can't watch it, and one of my friends just spoiled something on FB that NBC isn't showing until tonight. Sad Fortunately it wasn't the gymnastics team final, or I would have gotten stabby.
Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NBR: GRRR Olympics spoilers! (NS)

• This happened to me the other night! We were watching swimming at 8 pm. They opened by showing the pool and following around one of the woman swimmers. Then the caption beneath her said her name and that she won the gold in this race. I kept my mouth shut and didn't say anything to DH, who had gone in the other room for a minute, but then, of course, she won the race and got the gold. As soon as she won I told them what stupid NBC had done!

I had some other stuff ruined for me over the weekend as well.. but that was spoiled in the part where they have Bob Costas or whoever talking in a studio. He was like "spoiler alert: so and so wins the gold tonight". For swimming though I could not believe that they put it right on the screen as the race was about to begin!!!

• I get so annoyed at MSNBC because I'll go to there website to read the news and in big headlines it will say the result of a big event that will be replayed during primetime. I already know what the results are before I can watch it. It takes all the fun out of it.
    Married 7/04 LO#1 9/13 LO#2 12/15
  • image SweetC80:
    I get so annoyed at MSNBC because I'll go to there website to read the news and in big headlines it will say the result of a big event that will be replayed during primetime. I already know what the results are before I can watch it. It takes all the fun out of it.

I am staying far away from all major news websites until the Olympics are over. 

Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image sarahelisabethm:

image SweetC80:
    I get so annoyed at MSNBC because I'll go to there website to read the news and in big headlines it will say the result of a big event that will be replayed during primetime. I already know what the results are before I can watch it. It takes all the fun out of it.

I am staying far away from all major news websites until the Olympics are over. 

Very wise.

Married 7/04 LO#1 9/13 LO#2 12/15
  • image sarahelisabethm:
    I kind of hate the whole NBC online live stream that is only for cable customers. We don't have cable, so I can't watch it, and one of my friends just spoiled something on FB that NBC isn't showing until tonight. Sad Fortunately it wasn't the gymnastics team final, or I would have gotten stabby.

Yup... that (women's) was spoiled for me. 

At least I can TiVo it & not have to stay up until midnight!

• I'm totally stabby right now because yahoo's main page ruined the women's gymnastics for me. SOOOOOO MAD! Dang it for needing to check emails.
  • image SweetC80:

This keeps happening to me too! I wish they would make a clicking link, For Olympic Results. WHY post the results on the main page! So annoying!!

Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93
  • MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

I know! Washington Post ruined women's gymnastic for me. Sad It was smack in the middle of the front page!

Clicking a link for Olympic results is much better.

image imageimage
  • Every event that's airing tonight has been spoiled for me. I hate today.
  • Stupid me. After posting here I went to check my email and women's gymnastic was just spoiled. Sad

Changed my homepage to Google.

Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93
  • are they airing the women's gymnastics tonight? I still want to watch even if I know what happens.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image NorthernLghts:
    are they airing the women's gymnastics tonight? I still want to watch even if I know what happens.

Yes, during primetime. 

• Thanks! I couldn't find it in the line up online.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”

• The spoilers are terrible! I can stay off of facebook, but the spoilers aren't just there - they are EVERYWHERE!

FWIW, I highly recommend watching the women's finals - it was a competition worth watching, even if you know the result.

Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • mumegsmumegs member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    I have the damn msnbc app on my iphone and it sends me news alerts. The other day it spoiled both the swimming btw phelps and lochte and the all around womens gymnastics. I refused to have it spoil gymnastics for me again today so I went in and set it to not send me notifications, and it still did!!! I am sooo pissed I deleted the stupid app. I hate knowing what is going to happen. I haven't seen any spoilers on facebook but they are on every news site. grrrrr
  • I am expected to get everything spoiled.  I cannot stand NBC coverage so I've DVR'ing everything.  But I did not realize that they have not aired the women's gymnastics finals yet since I've been seeing the results EVERYWHERE!
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2zi3sxi.jpg[/IMG]
  • I know! Wth? Lots of places have figured out neutral headlines, but NPR tweeted the results of the gymnastics. So annoying!
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • I have been so careful about watching/reading the news because I love watching the olympics and I don't want the spoilers.  Last night we were watching the women's team gymnastics (one of my favorite events) and on a commercial MH flipped to Sportscenter, JUST in time for them to report the results of the US team, before we saw them in primetime.  I seriously almost cried.  :(

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
  • I have been avoiding Yahoo for this same reason, but stupidly went to FB this morning and one of my people posted a picture that gave it all away. UGH!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers    

my read shelf:
    Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I managed to make it home yesterday having avoided all spoilers and then I walked in the door and the first words out of DH's mouth were the results of womens gymnastics and mens swimming. 

Needless to say, he did not get any last night.  

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image EliStar:

I managed to make it home yesterday having avoided all spoilers and then I walked in the door and the first words out of DH's mouth were the results of womens gymnastics and mens swimming. 

BAH HA HA!  Man, I thought I was mad when my DH accidentally spoiled it for me when he flipped to Sportscenter.  I think I might have actually reacted with violence in this situation.  

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
  • image EliStar:

I managed to make it home yesterday having avoided all spoilers and then I walked in the door and the first words out of DH's mouth were the results of womens gymnastics and mens swimming. 

DH spoiled the men's swimming for me, but not the women's gymnastics. I emailed him while he was still at work and told him I would hurt him if he spoiled that. I was a little mad when he spoiled the swimming, but not nearly as much as I would have been if he had spoiled the gymnastics.