Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What did you read in JULY?

2»

Re: What did you read in JULY?

• The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Fault in Our Stars

Yay for finally 2 books in one month again!  

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read 5 1/2 books this month! That is seriously miraculous, I haven't read that many books in a month since Jan. 2011! 

I'm only halfway finished with The Diviners by Libba Bray but it's like 600 pages so cut me a little slack!

I also finished books 2, 3, & 4 of the Bridal Quartet by Nora Roberts and I loved them all. Sappy romance and weddings...there was no way I wasn't going to love it.

Easy by Tammara Webber which I got for 99 cents on my Kindle and read just for a lark. Very mature YA...I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

I also finally read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and understand why people love it so much and hate that it took me almost 30ish years to read it! 

• July has been a hectic month... I only got through one book :(

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare ****

I started listening to The Perks of Being a Wallflower and am enjoying it.  Hope to get through it tomorrow on my ride home from CA tomorrow.

Books Read in 2016: 4/50

• Out of My Mind ****

Mockingbird ****

Voyager ****

Racing in the Rain ****

Between Shades of Gray ***

Between going on vacation, working, being exhausted, and getting through Voyager, I did not read that many books this month.

I have read 56 books so far this year.  My goal is 75.  I will make it.  I am 13 books (17%) ahead for the year. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• The Fiery Cross by DG ****

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson ****

Easy by Tammara Webber ****

Between the Lines by Tammara Webber ***

Where You Are by Tammara Webber ***

Good For You by Tammara Webber ***

The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons ****

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (audiobook) ****

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky ****

It was a GREAT reading month! Geeked I have read 56 books towards my 75 total for the year....Goodreads says I'm 13 books ahead of schedule!

image image Anniversary image my read shelf:
    Rebecca's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Magic Study ***

Fire Study ***

The Fellowship of the Ring *****

The Two Towers *****

The Return of the King *****

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer ****

Shadow of Night **** 

I've read 53 out of my goal of 75 for the year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    my read shelf:
    Christina Frey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • City of Bones - Cassandra Clare ****
    Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins *****
    The Vow - Kim and Kricket Carpenter **
    The Diary of Darcy J Rhone - Emily Giffin **
    Taming Natasha - Nora Roberts ***
    The Handmaid's Tale - Margret Atwood ***
    Outlander - Diana Gabaldon ***** (re-read)
    City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare ****
    City of Glass - Cassandra Clare ****
    Girl Unmoored - Jennifer Gooch Hummer ****
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky ***

Tonight I will FInish City of Fallen Angels as well.

I also listened to The Help and am almost done listening to Shadowfever.

After tonight I will have read 87/112 which puts me at 22 books ahead of schedule. (Not including audio books.) 

• I read: 

1. Holding Still for as Long as Possible - Zoe Whitall ***

2. Key of Light - Nora Roberts ****

3. Princess in Training - Meg Cabot ***

4. Dawn & the Impossible Three - Ann M. Martin ***

5. Changeless - Gail Carriger ***

6.  2 Truths & a Lie - Sara Shepard ***

7. Shatter Me - Tehereh Mafi ****

8. 1st to Die - James Patterson ***

9. Shadow of Night - Deborah Harkness ****

10. Kristy's Big Day - Ann M. Martin ***

11. Party Princess - Meg Cabot ***

12. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson ****

13. Fifty Shades of Grey - E. L. James * 

- Jocelyn my read shelf:
    Jocelyn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • July was a pretty good month for me!

Top of the Rock: Inside the Rise and Fall of Must See TV by Warren Littlefield *****
    Whatever You Love by Louise Doughty ****
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (reread) *****
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth *****
    The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith ****
    Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter *****
    We All Fall Down by Robert Cormier **

I'm on track at 30/52

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    52 books in 2014?
    image       Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • City of Lost Souls

Lover Mine

Twilight reread

Thumped

Listened to: The Cat Who Talked Turkey and The Lucky One

I am on book 29 and audiobook 24. not too shabby.

Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• Books 4-10 of the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian - this series was pretty good, not as good as BDB but decent. I look forward to the next book to see where she goes with it

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver - This book took me a while to read. The writing style was difficult but the last fourth of the book made up for it. This book blew me away.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris - This was just okay, probably because I just started watching True Blood and had a major marathon of all the series, and this first book followed the first series pretty closely. I am waiting a while before I read the rest.

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy #1) by Leigh Bardugo - I was blown away by this one, I didn't expect to love it so much! Eagerly awaiting the next book.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - This book was disturbing but I loved and all the twists and turns to the story.

Legend by Marie Lu - I enjoyed this one and I'm looking forward to the sequel

Hex Hall, Demonglass, and Spellbound (Hex Hall 1, 2, & 3) by Rachel Hawkins - This was a nice fluff series that was a little different. I enjoyed them all

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - Although the beginning was confusing, I loved this book!

The Demon King (Sevem Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima - I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the rest. I bought the actual book so I just need to get myself to the bookstore to buy the others!

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - Started out slow but I ended up really enjoying it!

Books 1-6 of the House of Night series by P.C. Cast - This series is pretty "meh" for me. 2-3 stars tops. I borrowed them from a friend but she doesn't have the next three. Still deciding if I care enough about the story to buy the rest

That puts me at 24 books for the month. These are all for my yearly book goal, I am now at 93 of 150, 4% ahead.

TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320 - 7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) EDD 3/6/13 
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13

my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah - 4*s

Blackout by Mira Grant - 4*s

If I Stay by Gale Foreman - 3*s

Unwind by Neal Shusterman - 3*s

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks - 3*s

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King - 3*s

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - 3*s

Where She Went by Gale Foreman - 3*s

The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley - 3*s

This month was just kind of meh for me.  Everything was good, but not great.  Except Winter Garden.  I did enjoy that quite a bit, but because it was right at the beginning of the month I feel like it was so long ago!  Hopefully my next book will be great!

And also, everything I read was pretty highly rated on GRs so I think it was disappointing to me that I rated them below average.  I wanted to like them as much as everyone else!  

I'm at 46 books out of 50 for my goal.  Obviously I'm going to surpass that goal.  I don't think I'll raise it.  I'll probably just see where I end up.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Blackout, Mira Grant-3 stars

Ready Player One, Ernest Cline-5 stars

Animal Farm, George Orwell-4 stars

The Art of Fielding, Chad Harbach-5 stars

Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury-5 stars

Better Read Than Dead, Victoria Laurie-3 stars

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, Chelsea Handler-3 stars

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chobsky-4 stars

Ella Minnow Pea, Mark Dunn-3 stars

My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business, D!ck Van Dyk e-3 stars (really more like 2.5)

Bel Canto, Ann Patchett-3 stars

I'm still 5 books behind but I'm slowly but surely catching up!

Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)