Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: Olympics (NS)

2»

Re: NBR: Olympics (NS)

• image GreenBride624:

I wanted to add/ask:

Is anyone else disgruntled with NBC's primetime Olympic coverage?  Or is is just me?

They save the "popular" events for late night (I'm on the East Coast) & they tease you by only showing half of an event before switching to another event before coming back to the 1st event

Last night they really made me mad - they didn't show half of the US Men's Gymnastics team events!!!  Huh?  I know that the team didn't perform as expected but at least show our country's athletes!!!  I stayed up until friggin' midnight to see the 2nd half of the events & they didn't show them!!!  They showed the cluster-eff of Japan questioning the results...

Also?  I kinda want to throat punch the female interviewer at the pool - she asks the most ridiculous questions...

/rant

ITA. Their coverage has reached a new low.

Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image pinkybooklover09:

I hate that swimming interviewer. I understand that she has to ask the "tough questions" but the way she does it seems so invasive, awkward, and unprofessional. I'm sure that they could have someone else who's a little less spastic interviewing the athletes. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED on their coverage of women's gymnastics. I didn't like the bias they showed nor their treatment of Weiber. They all deserve a facepunch.

I LOVE Missy Franklin! She totally looks like Mary Louise Parker and her parents were frigging adorable. The adorable parents are making the Olympics for me.

I fell asleep during men's gymnastics last night. NBC is ticking me off, I have a job you inconsiderate bastards, I can't stay up until midnight on a Monday!

I am fine with Lochte's grill. He is so happy to be in the spotlight and out of Phelps' shadow, he's entitled to do something ridiculous. As long as he is spending most of his time on camera shirtless, I don't have to look at his mouth.

OMG, I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle someone when they were hounding Weiber for an interview. I could go off on a rant about the whole "only two gymnasts per country thing, but I'll refrain!

Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • image sfgiantsjo:
    image pinkybooklover09:

I hate that swimming interviewer. I understand that she has to ask the "tough questions" but the way she does it seems so invasive, awkward, and unprofessional. I'm sure that they could have someone else who's a little less spastic interviewing the athletes. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED on their coverage of women's gymnastics. I didn't like the bias they showed nor their treatment of Weiber. They all deserve a facepunch.

I LOVE Missy Franklin! She totally looks like Mary Louise Parker and her parents were frigging adorable. The adorable parents are making the Olympics for me.

I fell asleep during men's gymnastics last night. NBC is ticking me off, I have a job you inconsiderate bastards, I can't stay up until midnight on a Monday!

I am fine with Lochte's grill. He is so happy to be in the spotlight and out of Phelps' shadow, he's entitled to do something ridiculous. As long as he is spending most of his time on camera shirtless, I don't have to look at his mouth.

OMG, I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle someone when they were hounding Weiber for an interview. I could go off on a rant about the whole "only two gymnasts per country thing, but I'll refrain!

When she was eliminated and burst into tears, I cried like a baby. I felt so horrible for her! I hated them so much for not just letting her be sad in peace!  

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image sfgiantsjo:
    image pinkybooklover09:

I was ticked off at that and their treatment of Gabby Douglas. She was awesome on every single event except for the floor routine when she stepped out of bounds yet the commentators acted like she was taking something away from Weiber by qualifying for the all-around. Then the chick who interviewed her practically asked her why she didn't choke as opposed to what she asked Aly Raiseman which was really just about her excitement over being in the all around. I didn't like that shizz at all but loved that Gabby was poised and dignified and threw in a yay Jesus for good measure. 

image sfgiantsjo:
    image pinkybooklover09:

I was ticked off at that and their treatment of Gabby Douglas. She was awesome on every single event except for the floor routine when she stepped out of bounds yet the commentators acted like she was taking something away from Weiber by qualifying for the all-around. Then the chick who interviewed her practically asked her why she didn't choke as opposed to what she asked Aly Raiseman which was really just about her excitement over being in the all around. I didn't like that shizz at all but loved that Gabby was poised and dignified and threw in a yay Jesus for good measure. 

Yes! I heart Gabby and I'm looking forward to watching the team finals tonight. If anyone spoils it for me I'll get stabby. 

Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image sfgiantsjo:
    image pinkybooklover09:

Seriously. She is a class act.  

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image sfgiantsjo:

The TV coverage does suck. But the Live streaming is pretty awesomesauce. I love how extensive it is, and you can watch EVERYTHING. I followed the men around to each event for the gymnastics team trials yesterday. Plus you can switch between two viewers, so I felt like I didn't miss a beat. If you aren't watching the main feed, you don't get any commentary, and honestly, it's not a bad thing.

But I think you have to be a cable subscriber to access it. Which blows for all the non-cable people. But NBC doesn't give a flying fig - they just want money.

Unfortunately, I can't watch while at work!  Sad