Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Best Steam Mop??

Looking to buy a steam mop...what's your recommendations???
image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Best Steam Mop??

• I have the Shark and like it.  If you have a Sam's or Costco membership, they often have discounts on major brand names so it would be worth checking them out.  Last time I bought a vacuum there, the package came with a free iron that is way nicer than my old iron.  
  • I don't have a recommendation for which one to get but I wanted to let you know I'm not thrilled with the Bissell Steam and Sweep. I wish I would have done a little more research and read some more reviews. I normally use the swivel sweeper on my kitchen and bathroom floors before mopping rather than broom and dustpan and I figured this steam mop would kind of help me cut out that step but with the way the head is shaped it doesn't get into corners and the vac part of it doesn't seem to pick up very well. The steamer part of it works well but overall not too happy with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • I just got the Shark S3601 and love it. I have a dog and love that there is no dry time and that he can walk right on the floor when I'm done (though I would prefer he not!). 
  • I have been doing research myself and I found a youtube site or channel called the vacuumwizard and they try out a ton of vacuums and steam cleaners. It may help you on making a choice bc you can see how it works and how to maintain it before buying it. I have used the site/channel a lot and changed my mind on some that sounded great but didn't hold up to what they said they did. Also, I would research youtube for steam cleaners and a lot of people have done home videos and share their opinions. Worth a shot :)
  • I guess they( vacuumwizard.com) do have a youtube channel and website both.  I watched on some steam cleaners videos and the Haan SI35 floor sanitizer and the Haan SI40 Agile were ranked 4 out of 5 stars. Shark actually only ranked 3 out of 5 stars. It's all about what is best you I guess.
  • My mom has a shark, and she loves it! I've used it at her house a few times, and it does seem to do a nice job. And she has two dogs that like to leave paw prints on her hardwood floors!
  • We have the eureka enviro steamer. It had great reviews on amazon and works well for us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a shark and loved it while it lasted...about 2 yrs.