May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What is Pinterest??

Everybody seems to have it here- Could someone fill me in?

I recently deactivated my Facebook just cuz im sick of it for a while, I've been thinking about joining Twitter, but afraid it will be a lot like Facebook but lamer.  I want some sort of social networking thing that is just fun, isn't going to drive me crazy, and that I don't need to filter for anybody (i.e. kids, parents, bosses).

What is Pinterest? 

photo enhanced-buzz-23740-1333550931-30_zpsdc46930f.jpg

Anniversary

Re: What is Pinterest??

• only the most amazing thing on the planet!!

you can get recipes, jokes, diy project ideas, outfit ideas, hair and makeup tutorials, photography ideas, just about anything you can think of!! just go there and browse sometime and then ask for an invite. i'm not a member or anything, but i definitely go there daily just to browse! it can literally suck you in for hours.... there is just SOOOOO much to see!!

definitely go browse though.... it's SOOOOO worth it :)

• It's mainly just an online corkboard where you can "pin" things you see on there (or on any other website) and it saves your "pin" to whichever board you want it to.

I have boards for: recipes, home ideas, arts and crafts etc. and it just saves all of these things for me so that if I see something I like, I can save it, and go back to it whenever I want.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Best on-line pinboard ever. I use it for food & future things. Cleaning & organization. I sometimes wonder how people think of these things. Do it :)
  • image cpm1223:

It's mainly just an online corkboard where you can "pin" things you see on there (or on any other website) and it saves your "pin" to whichever board you want it to.

I have boards for: recipes, home ideas, arts and crafts etc. and it just saves all of these things for me so that if I see something I like, I can save it, and go back to it whenever I want.

Like Delicious? The bookmarking site? But maybe more organized? 

Anniversary
  • Apparently you cannot browse without being invited. I have often wondered the same thing. What is pinterest and why is everyone on it?
  • It is great! I use it all the time for all these great ideas and it is super safe! LOVE IT! Anyone who wants an invite, let me know and I will send you one. I just need your email :)

Here are my boards if you want to see! 

http://pinterest.com/nickicabaniss/

• Also, geojam224, I think I saw somewhere you are studying to be a teacher...get on it!!! I have several teaching boards and it is an awesome teaching resource center. Check out my classroom board on the link above. :)
  • i got on pinterest when we were all planning our weddings, but i only got on the app on my iphone and it SUCKED SO BAD! 

but, in the past few days (don't know why it took me so long) i got on pinterest on my actual computer, and got addicted.  i pin things left and right, if i spent as much time doing the actual things i pin instead of just pinning i'd have a bunch of recipes and diy things made  lol

i think you have to be invited, i might be able to send you an invite if you PM me your email

you can follow me here if you want http://pinterest.com/comeongetdown/  i'll probably start following everyone else that posts their link here  lol

• An online corkboard that you can "pin" ideas, recipes, projects, etc. It can fun....and addicting!

Here's mine if you want to take a look. Let me know if you want an invite!

http://pinterest.com/vineyard12/

One of my other favorite site is Houzz.com. This site is geared more towards design (houses, garden, etc.). I use it alot to get ideas for our house renovations, plus as a kitchen designer, I like to see other people's work.

• Do you get ridiculous emails like spam from it?  Or are the emails you get from Pinterest actually important? Cuz i have a spam email I give out, and an important email I give out.  Which one should I use?

Anniversary
  • image geojam224:
    Do you get ridiculous emails like spam from it?  Or are the emails you get from Pinterest actually important? Cuz i have a spam email I give out, and an important email I give out.  Which one should I use?

I don't get any spam from them. Once a week they send out some kind of email that I never read. And when someone "likes" or re-pins your pin, you get an email. I think you can filter those out so you don't get them. I'd probably use your less important email.

• image geojam224:
    Do you get ridiculous emails like spam from it?  Or are the emails you get from Pinterest actually important? Cuz i have a spam email I give out, and an important email I give out.  Which one should I use?

i don't think i ever get emails from them.. you can probably change your settings for how many emails you get.

• Alright, I'm sold.  I requested an invite.  I might need some guidance getting set up!

Anniversary
  • Couldn't figure out how to PM here, so for anyone that wants to invite me to Pinterest, my email is [email protected]

TIA!! 

Anniversary
  • image geojam224:

Couldn't figure out how to PM here, so for anyone that wants to invite me to Pinterest, my email is [email protected]

TIA!! 

invite sent :)

• image comeongetdown:
    image geojam224:

Couldn't figure out how to PM here, so for anyone that wants to invite me to Pinterest, my email is [email protected]

TIA!! 

invite sent :)

YAY for real procrastination! Thanks comeongetdown! 

Anniversary
  • OK issue number 2:  I deactivated Facebook and I don't have Twitter.  It looks like I need to link with one of them in order to move forward.  Why can't I just use it without linking anything?

Anniversary
  • http://pinterest.com/geojam224/

Nothing there yet, give me a few days :-) 

Anniversary
  • Haha me too, finally....looks like it would have been a help during the wedding, but ahhh well, we'll figure it out sooner or later :)

https://pinterest.com/katmun/
  • image toothpastechica:
    Haha me too, finally....looks like it would have been a help during the wedding, but ahhh well, we'll figure it out sooner or later :)

https://pinterest.com/katmun/

YAY! I'm your first follower! 

Anniversary
  • i think it's better that i didn't have it while i was wedding planning... my diy list would have been A LOT longer  lol
  • The link to my is in my signature!  Definitely addicting :)
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  •  I like to think it's a more "useful" time waste than face book! haha

http://pinterest.com/heightdeprived/ - this is me :)

P.S. I totally just went and followed everyone that posted a link haha

View Full Size Image