Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help with taco party!

I am hosting our staff meeting at my house in a couple of weeks.  

I was thinking tacos and margaritas because I can cook the taco meat all day and get everything cut and ready night/morning of...because I will be working up until the meeting starts. So I can basically get everything ready before the party and able to throw it all together in 10-15 minutes.  

WDYT?  Would you enjoy this kind of meeting?

Re: Help with taco party!

• I love tacos.  But is it going to be an "eat while you work" meeting?  Because then I don't think tacos would be the best choice.  They are so messy and you can't really take notes and eat your taco at the same time.

If the meeting and eating time is separate of one another, then I say YES!

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

• Totally agree with Aim!

I love me some tacos, but I love margaritas more. 

• spin25spin25 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

This sounds like a lot more fun than most meetings I've been to!

But I agree that it might be messy if it's a work while you eat meeting.

• One of my bosses use to do this & I always enjoyed those staff meetings (except they would be around her inground pool, but we would all be dressed in casual work clothes & sometimes I just wanted to push someone in).

She did tacos once and it turned out well!  She also did gourmet sandwiches once (chicken salad, ham salad, etc but all fancied up) and a variety of salads one other time.  Whatever you do, I am sure they will love it!

In a small gang with my Nestie Besties! TTC buddies with Cinco & SBSP

March GP Siggy Challenge: GLTB Pride
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/kdo6qh.jpg[/IMG]
  • Walking taco instead, no mess and still have tacos!
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ef799]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/3ef799/ttc.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • CeeBugCeeBug member
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker

I love tacos! I think it is a great idea, but I agree about it might being hard to eat during your meeting. You could always do taco salads instead.

• I love tacos. But, like Aim said, I wouldn't love tacos if I had to do work while eating them (too messy.) Otherwise, if you're not working, I love this idea. 
    ?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LexiMSLexiMS member
    Ancient Membership 2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    I love the idea! We had a work party at our house and did the sweet pork barbacoa for tacos from skinny taste.  Everyone loved them!

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everybody!  It isn't much of a "work" meeting, but a new staff get to know you night plus a little bit of our fall expectations!  

• I love the idea! Tacos and margaritas are awesome! :) Yum...

Eating Chocolate Bunny
    TTC since Dec. 2009. TTC buddies with Cinco and Faheat.