Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Facebook - posting pictures

For a few reasons, I do not have a Facebook account and I have politely asked my family and friends specifically not to post pictures of my kids on their profiles. My cousin and sister have accounts and are both friends with my MIL. Well, my MIL posted over 100 pictures of my BIL/SIL wedding shower and my kids were in a bunch of them. I have had multiple conversations in the past with my MIL about this so she knows how I feel. I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal if she was posting the whole album and one or two pictures of the kids was uploaded. My problem is that there are more than a couple and she captioned them all AND tagged other family members. How would you approach this?

Re: Facebook - posting pictures

• If any are specifically of them, ask her to remove those and to remove any captions from all of them that identify them
  • were your kids tagged? were they named?

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • I think you can ask facebook to remove them.
  • image vjcjenn1:
    If any are specifically of them, ask her to remove those and to remove any captions from all of them that identify them

this. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • When you spoke to your MIL, did you ask that she have absolutely no photos of your children on her facebook page? Or is your MIL making the assumption that if she doesn't tag or name the children specifically, she can still keep them up on Facebook?

And how did you find out about the photos?

• SIL and I had this conversation.  I changed the settings so that only "approved family" can see the pictures.  She was happy with the change.  Perhaps MIL has the pictures on a private viewing? 

together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image kimmygirl77:
    I think you can ask facebook to remove them.

You can do this.

What does your DH have to say about this?  

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CuaoCuao member
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments

Hi,

After reading these posts about Facebook privacy settings, I am interested in doing this myself.  When you change your privacy setting to only allow certain people see your posts and photos, are the other friends who are not on your restricted list able to go to your wall and see what you posted? 

Thanks Smile 

• Tell your MIL FIRMLY that you explicitly DO NOT want pictures of YOUR kids on her facebook. They are your kids, she's just grandma....

However, you do have to understand that probably in another five years, pictures of all your family, including your kids, will be all over the internet with nothing to stop it. That's the world and advancing technology for ya. 

Anniversary