Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

update on bi-polar bf...

Well, I will keep it short and to the point...

Things were going well... we had started therapy and I was really hopeful that he and I could make things work, then after one drunken night out with his friends, he returned home in a fit of anger.

In a matter of moments he was screaming and breaking things ( I have no clue where this came from and at one point asked him if he was on drugs... he said "no!" and his friends later confirmed that they did not suspect that drugs were in the picture.)

Any ways, he quickly became violent and physical with me... after 20 minutes of trying to get away (he held me from leaving and carried me back inside when I ran out of the house to my car.) I was able to escape and call the cops.

He was arrested and I have a restraining order on him. I moved out the following day and plan to never see this mad man again. I am so thankful that I left when I did and from this point on I will never go against my gut instinct! This has been a night mare but I am so relieved that I do not have to live another day on egg shells or frightened of "pushing his buttons". Lesson learned.

Thanks for listening! Broken Heart

Re: update on bi-polar bf...

• I'm glad you're safe and doing what's best for you! (:

White Knot
  • "This has been a night mare but I am so relieved that I do not have to live another day on egg shells or frightened of "pushing his buttons"".

I didn't see your original post, but I'm just glad to see you got to live another day, period.  So many women do not make it out of these situations alive.  I am very glad to hear that you recognized the signs and got out of there ASAP.  Never look back.  I wish you the best going forward.

So happy to be married to my best friend.
  • Oh my, this could have been my story! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I dated a guy who was exactly the same in my twenties and he is now in jail for abusing women. I am writing to encourage you because after 6 months of taking a break from dating altogether and healing my brokenness from the domestic violence relationship, I found the most wonderful, kind and gentle soul and we are now engaged to be married in November. I am so glad you were able to get out of that situation, it took me years to get away from my abuser, and even longer to get over the damage he caused to my spirit. I will pray for healing for your heart because I am happier now than i have ever been in my life, praise the Lord.
  • image ReneeAdele1013:

Well, I will keep it short and to the point...

Things were going well... we had started therapy and I was really hopeful that he and I could make things work, then after one drunken night out with his friends, he returned home in a fit of anger.

In a matter of moments he was screaming and breaking things ( I have no clue where this came from and at one point asked him if he was on drugs... he said "no!" and his friends later confirmed that they did not suspect that drugs were in the picture.)

Any ways, he quickly became violent and physical with me... after 20 minutes of trying to get away (he held me from leaving and carried me back inside when I ran out of the house to my car.) I was able to escape and call the cops.

He was arrested and I have a restraining order on him. I moved out the following day and plan to never see this mad man again. I am so thankful that I left when I did and from this point on I will never go against my gut instinct! This has been a night mare but I am so relieved that I do not have to live another day on egg shells or frightened of "pushing his buttons". Lesson learned.

Thanks for listening! Broken Heart

WOW!

Honey, run like hell -- and run to a therapist. YOu don't need any more boyfriends who are nuttier than squirrel poo.
  • Thank you all for your kind words and support.

It is not easy, but it is getting easier every day... which gives me a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I do believe that "every thing happens for a reason" and I am so thankful that I have the chance to find out what that reason is.

Thanks again :)

• I'm really glad you left.  I remember asking you in your post if bipolar was code for an excuse to act like an abusive *** and apparently it was.  I work with DV victims and it is very very common for people to blame abusive behavior on mental illness.....even with treatment the abusive behavior never seems to stop and you deserve better than that. Good luck going forward, I definitely recommend counseling for you.  Some of this will continue to rear its ugly head from time to time.
    image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."
  • Thank you for your response. :)

Your'e right, it was an excuse and it did not take more than a day for the truth to show... funny how things turn around so quickly like that...

Any how, I will most certainly continue weekly therapy. It definitely helps, especially when I start to feel guilty or begin to think that maybe I provoked this?... When in reality, I know that I did nothing wrong Tuesday night and this was bound to happen sooner than later. He apparently was a ticking time bomb.

This has been a huge eye opener for me, and I know that I have a long road to recovery. This website has been a huge outlet for me and I appreciate every one for helping me to see the reality. No one deserves to put up with an abusive partner... mentally, or physically.