Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recommend your carpet cleaner for pets

Any recommendations for a carpet cleaner that gets up pet stains?  The guy in my siggy below has had a few accidents lately Sad

Re: Recommend your carpet cleaner for pets

• I always used to use Spot Shot (or Hot Spot), I can't remember the name. This was about 5 years ago.
  • I just found this recipe today for a urine stain remover: 8 oz hydrogen peroxide, 3 tablespoons baking soda, 1 drop liquid dish soap. It says to mix in a bottle and spray it on the stain and it will lift in 10-15 minutes. It doesn't say to blot or rub the stain, just to vaccuum up any baking soda once it dries. Also, you aren't supposed to store it, just make a new batch any time you need some. I've also had good luck with a mix of vinegar and dish soap in warm water.
  • I'm thinking the hydrogen peroxide would stain the carpet...
  • We use Natures Miracle.  You can buy it at the pet store. It works great
  • Folex Carpet Remover works really well on Carpet
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've always had good luck with Spot Shot.

• We have two dogs and a Hoover steamvac. The steamvac is an upright, so it works just like a vacuum cleaner except instead of vacuuming it shampoos. We use it all the time. You don't realize how dirty a carpet is until you see the filthy black water that gets sucked out of it. Worth every penny.
  • I use Simole Solution with oxyclean from PetSmart. It is the same as the natures miracle but cheaper. I spray it, scrub it, clean it up, then spray it again and let it dry on its own. Works AMAZINGLY.
    TTC 24 months, IUI #3 BFP 6/4/14 Beta 6/5 58, 6/9 508, 6/11 1227 TWINS! EDD 2/15/15
    With heavy hearts, we said goodbye to our precious angels on 8/12 at 13 weeks 2 days.
    IVF #1 Lup/Brav/Meno, ER 11/28 10R/10F, ET "Rudolph" 4AA embryo 12/3, 7 frosties.
    BFP! Betas: 12/12 225, 12/15 706, 12/17 1512. EDD 8.21.15
    12/29 hb 120. 1/5 perfect, GRAD DAY! 1/15 perfect at OB. NT 2/6 PERFECT, HB 158!

Baby Girl born 8.9.15 at 38.2 due to IUGR 4lb7.8oz 17" 
    Our princess is being watched over by her older siblings every day <3
    Anniversary 

• I use Folex. It's a white round bottle with purple writing if I remember correctly. It's like magic! I have 4 dogs and 3 cats so you can imagine the stains I've had to clean up over the years. Folex gets pretty much any stain out of carpet. Ever since we've discovered it my mother in law swears by it too.
  • For small spots we use Resolve Pet Oxy Advanced. You spray it & leave it for 5 minutes then you dab it up.

We shampoo our carpets weekly. I agree with the pp you never realize how dirty your floors are until you see the gross water at the end.

Anniversary
  • The Bissell spot bot for pets is AMAZING!