Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Grammar police - assistance please.

Due to an unforseen circumstance...

or

Due to an unforseeable circumstance..

??

I love having this board to go to with grammar questions. Thanks, ladies!

Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores

Re: Grammar police - assistance please.

• It's the point in time. 

Unforseen:  You didn't know it was going to happen.  Something in the past.

Unforseeable:  You can't know if it will happen.  Something in the future.

Sarah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Cool. That's what I thought, but you guys are just so garsh darn smarts.
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • it also speaks to responsibility - something that was unforeseen may have been overlooked, while something that is unforeseeable couldn't have been prepared for

It's like "I did not see that coming" vs "I could not have seen that coming (and neither could anyone else)."

unexpected vs inexplicable...

• image kaylynne:

it also speaks to responsibility - something that was unforeseen may have been overlooked, while something that is unforeseeable couldn't have been prepared for

It's like "I did not see that coming" vs "I could not have seen that coming (and neither could anyone else)."

unexpected vs inexplicable...

Yes!  Good explanation!  I couldn't figure out how to word this...

Sarah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)