Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Random Questions...

We haven't done this in a while.  Post your random questions.

Re: Random Questions...

• What is going in front of Cascade Meijer?  TH and I were guessing maybe a Tim Hortons.
  • Dumb Question alert...

If I packed some perishable items in a small plastic container (like a Rubbermaid box) and then put that in the cooler, do you think the items inside the container would remain cool enough, or would it be insulated in the box. I was thinking for upcoming camping trip of putting some of the smaller items in a container to keep them all together and to keep them from getting soggy.  None of the items are "pontentially hazardous foods"  i.e. stuff that has to keep at a certain level of coolness. More like cut up veggies, cheese slices, etc. 

• TheWopTheWop member
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    Has anyone waxed their legs?  I'm considering it for the summer.  I do bikini wax in the summer already (it's really NOT that bad, totally worth it), and thought I would try it because I'm sick of having to shave my legs every other day.  Being a hairy Italian sucks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't been brave enough yet to wax anything other than eyebrows.
  • image gvsubride05:
    I haven't been brave enough yet to wax anything other than eyebrows.
    This x 1,000
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image gvsubride05:

Dumb Question alert...

If I packed some perishable items in a small plastic container (like a Rubbermaid box) and then put that in the cooler, do you think the items inside the container would remain cool enough, or would it be insulated in the box. I was thinking for upcoming camping trip of putting some of the smaller items in a container to keep them all together and to keep them from getting soggy.  None of the items are "pontentially hazardous foods"  i.e. stuff that has to keep at a certain level of coolness. More like cut up veggies, cheese slices, etc. 

That is how I always do it for camping and I have never had a problem. Plus, everything stacks nice in the cooler that way.
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • TheWopTheWop member

image Stargirl1975:
    image gvsubride05:
    I haven't been brave enough yet to wax anything other than eyebrows.
    This x 1,000

Dude, bikini waxing is a million times better than shaving.  Seriously. I'll never go back.  The first time sucks, but after that if you keep up on it, it's nothing. Plus the H likes it. Wink

• TheWopTheWop member
    Can someone recommend a good electrician? 
  • https://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Haskin+Electric,+McGlynn+Road,+Hastings+Charter+Township,+MI&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Haskin+Electric,+McGlynn+Road,&hnear=0x881817c80fb604db:0x63bce4aa0b35da85,Hastings+Charter+Township,+MI&cid=7481169714070655742

He did all the electical work for my former work. Very nice guy. He is based in Hastings but comes to GR for projects. If you it isn't a rush, you could ask him to contact you next time he will be in GR.

• TheWopTheWop member
    image gvsubride05:

https://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Haskin+Electric,+McGlynn+Road,+Hastings+Charter+Township,+MI&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Haskin+Electric,+McGlynn+Road,&hnear=0x881817c80fb604db:0x63bce4aa0b35da85,Hastings+Charter+Township,+MI&cid=7481169714070655742

He did all the electical work for my former work. Very nice guy. He is based in Hastings but comes to GR for projects. If you it isn't a rush, you could ask him to contact you next time he will be in GR.

We need a new electrical panel for a new furnace because of current code.  I'd like to get a quote soon to see how much extra we need to set aside.  :-/

Thanks though!

• Give him a call and see what his schedule is like.   When we got our furnance through Godwin they arranged for an electerican for us. I wonder if I have his card still.  I don't think it was that much.  Do you need a whole panel or a dedicated breaker. That is what we needed.

• TheWopTheWop member
    image gvsubride05:

Give him a call and see what his schedule is like.   When we got our furnance through Godwin they arranged for an electerican for us. I wonder if I have his card still.  I don't think it was that much.  Do you need a whole panel or a dedicated breaker. That is what we needed.

We need a dedicated breaker, yes, but I was told we also need a new panel because ours does not have a "master switch" which I guess is required now by code.  We've heard conflicting things, so I'd like to have an electrician come out and give us a straight answer.  Either way, something needs to be re-wired, I'd just like to know exactly what, and how much it will be.  Godwin is actually in our top two right now for our furnace and a/c.

• image gvsubride05:
    What is going in front of Cascade Meijer?  TH and I were guessing maybe a Tim Hortons.

http://adacascade.wzzm13.com/news/business/68988-construction-finally-begins-cascade-meijer-outlot 

Looks like maybe a Wendy's, a Qdoba and another small retailer. 

• TW, call AVR Electric at 1 (616) 361-8391  Rob and Amy are friends of ours.
    Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • TheWopTheWop member

image GRsweetpea:
    TW, call AVR Electric at 1 (616) 361-8391  Rob and Amy are friends of ours.

Great!  Thank you!

• image gvsubride05:

Dumb Question alert...

I think it would be okay. Consider the fridge and tupperware.  Same idea, right?

• image GRsweetpea:
    image gvsubride05:

Dumb Question alert...

I think it would be okay. Consider the fridge and tupperware.  Same idea, right?

HEADSMACK! hee hee...

• I did read (and maybe you did too) that putting insulated lunch boxes/bags in a fridge is futile because the insulation will keep out the cold of the fridge.  Because of that, I had to give some thought to your question.
  • image TheWop:
    Has anyone waxed their legs?  I'm considering it for the summer.  I do bikini wax in the summer already (it's really NOT that bad, totally worth it), and thought I would try it because I'm sick of having to shave my legs every other day.  Being a hairy Italian sucks. 

I know your pain. Unfortunately, I'm a big baby so I refuse to wax anything besides my eyebrows and upper lip. And, I have to have those done regularly. I'll put up with shaving. Besides, it's a good excuse to stay in the shower longer.  I might be tempted to try one of those hair remover products like Nair or something similar, but I don't know anyone who has used them, so I don't know how well they work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary my read shelf:
    Tawny's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image