Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pcs storage and move tips?

Hi ladies! We are doing a 1 yr pcs for a fellowship program in 6 weeks. Because its only a yr, we are renting a small apartment there and the army will store what we aren't taking for the year. The rest they will move. 

The last time we moved we did it ourselves. Any suggestions on how to prep for the storage guys and then the movers? Storage guys are coming a week before the movers. 

Thanks! 

Re: Pcs storage and move tips?

• The only thing the movers wouldn't do was take pictures off the walls (we took them down, they packed them) and they won't take liquids or burned candles.  Other than that, they literally did EVERYTHING for us. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been separating clothes into what we take, what goes to storage a putting them in big rubbermaid containers so I know they are sealed tight for a year in storage.. Think they will unpack all that?
  • image Oct1406:
    I've been separating clothes into what we take, what goes to storage a putting them in big rubbermaid containers so I know they are sealed tight for a year in storage.. Think they will unpack all that?

It can depend on the movers. They may just want to take a look inside to see what's in there and it should be fine.  

• image Oct1406:
    I've been separating clothes into what we take, what goes to storage a putting them in big rubbermaid containers so I know they are sealed tight for a year in storage.. Think they will unpack all that?
    Probably just want to take a look since its just clothes. I know I packed all my nice stemware in the original boxes and they took it all out and re packed. But that might have just been because it was fragile.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers