9 to 5
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Application Error - What do I do?

So I applied for a government job and I had to fax in my application with all of the supporting documentation. I just realized that I messed up my cover letter. 

I have a universal cover letter that I just tailor to fit every job. It has a space to put the company name and job title. I did not insert this information. So instead it says [insert company name here] and a little further down [Insert job title here]. Damn I really messed up.

What should I do now? Should I just let it go and explain later if they ever call me or should I just fix it and resend all of my documents? The job is closed now btw.

TIA 

Re: Application Error - What do I do?

• The government seriously accepts faxed applications?  Seriously?

Since the job is now closed I don't think you have a choice but to suck it up and learn to proofread better next time.

Fax...seriously?! 

• Yes, I came across the job on an alternate website (not usajobs) after it was already closed. I called the customer service number to see if I could still apply, since the online option was already disabled. Since I'm a disabled vet I was able to still apply, but only by fax. Yes seriously, by fax!
  • Not sure why faxing is a big deal. But yeah, I'd let this one go. You *might* get lucky and someone won't be into reading CLs. But if they are, consider this lesson learned and re-check everything before you send it in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • image Dr.Loretta:

Not sure why faxing is a big deal. But yeah, I'd let this one go. You *might* get lucky and someone won't be into reading CLs. But if they are, consider this lesson learned and re-check everything before you send it in.

Thank you! I definitely learned my lesson.