International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

That girl (wedding photos)

I swore I was never going to be "that girl" on FB, you know, your friend who spends like a year after her wedding having her FB photo as a wedding photo. Five months after the Spanish wedding we're finally getting our photos and I'm that girl.

I feel guilty. I now totally understand why my friends did it. OMG, flattering photos for once!

Re: That girl (wedding photos)

• Haha, "that girl"s have never bothered me. So I say good for you. :)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Well, MH and I are "that girl" and darn happy to be! Our wedding was almost a year ago and I have no intention to change my FB picture :) In fact, I rotate my favourite ones regularly and still receive compliments. You rock those pictures girl!
  • My FB pix is one of our engagement pictures... believe it was taken in Aug/Sep '07.  I really like it, so I just leave it.

Am glad that you're enjoying your wedding pictures too!  Totally not 'that girl', IMO :)

• image RyansBelovedBride:
    Haha, "that girl"s have never bothered me. So I say good for you. :)

DItto this. Post away!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Never bothered me before. I say go for it!
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/124ygoz.jpg[/IMG]

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d

BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a75f6">BFP Chart</a>
  • Are you really going to say this and not PIP one of your newly received wedding pics for us?  What a tease!

;)  

Anyway, I never even though anything of it when people kept their wedding picture as their profile picture for a long time.  I still put one up every once in a while because it's just a picture of me that I love.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I put one back up on our anniversary every year.  Sometimes I remember to change it back and sometimes I am "that" girl.
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/i/ie6m2rqto.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • image LadyMadrid08:

Are you really going to say this and not PIP one of your newly received wedding pics for us?  What a tease!

;)   

THIS! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • That girl" hasn't bothered me either. Most people look great in their wedding pics not to mention its one of or should be lol one of the happiest days of your life! Every anniversary I make it my pro pic
  • image LadyMadrid08:

Are you really going to say this and not PIP one of your newly received wedding pics for us?  What a tease!

;)  

The church, complete with the typical Basque portico and typical locals, ready to gossip about this strange looking blonde lady in a white dress. Thank goodness I've been here long enough to get used to how people stare!

I was going to buy my veil in the US since I thought a Spanish veil was going to be way, way too long and formal for the US. I'm so glad I decided to totally ignore fashion and traditions. The veil and my shoes were my favorite parts. 

Our Beatles moment. 

I <3 Spanish shoes.

• Gorgeous!
    36/366 No Fear --- Finishing Project 366
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Allison has read 10 books toward her goal of 30 books.
    hide

Now Nesting from Chicago, IL My nail blog: