International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

coming out of hiding..

Sorry I've been MIA lately ladies! Hope everyone has been doing well, I have been lurking a lot more than posting. 

Baby is almost here, I've got about 2 1/2 weeks until my due date. I also recently started a full-time secretarial job so that is taking a lot of my time, which leaves very little time to spend on the Nest.

So far pregnancy has been anything but great for me, but I've still managed to enjoy it. I had morning sickness from 5-18 weeks which was barely kept under control even while on meds for the nausea. Then I had sciatic nerve problems, and shortly after that I figured out what else was going on.. I was having gall bladder attacks. At first the attacks were only every 3-4 weeks, and then they went to happening more than once a week, sometimes as much as 3 times a week. Lately it's been only on Sunday's but mostly my own fault because I don't stick to my diet as strictly. I'll cheat and have something greasier/fattier than I should which leads to another attack. I've been doing everything I possibly can naturally etc to help try get rid of the stones. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes away once baby get's here as well. 

that's the quick update! I promise I'll try be better about popping in every once in a while around here, but I can't see it getting much better after baby get's here, other than maybe in the first 6 weeks that I don't have to work if I have some extra time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
#1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
#2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
My Blog

Re: coming out of hiding..

• HI! I wondered where you had gone, but I just assumed you?d been so busy quilting/sewing that you couldn?t nest anymore. Yay about the due date, but boo on all the sickness. Hope to see you around some more, though I understand if you don?t have time.
    "Cause life
  • Glad to hear you're doing okay - but I can't resist feeling a little bit of glee at having another pregnancy-induced Linda Blair on the board! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!

Sounds awful, I don't miss it. It's almost over though, and then it gets so much better. The instant physical relief I felt once I had the twins was incredible. And then there were the twins... you're almost there!

Can't blame you one bit for not sticking to a diet during pregnancy - greasy foods were a go-to for me, until I threw up so much pizza that I swore I would never eat it again. That lasted a good week. Oh, and the poutine! I'd have murdered for poutine, and partially attribute my twins' awesome birth weights to poutine! The girls were pretty much made up of Broccoli, tofu, mashed potatoes, cheese pizza and poutine! Oh, and a hell of a lot of water!

Are you all ready for the baby? 

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
    I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!
  • image Tofumonkey:

Glad to hear you're doing okay - but I can't resist feeling a little bit of glee at having another pregnancy-induced Linda Blair on the board! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!

Sounds awful, I don't miss it. It's almost over though, and then it gets so much better. The instant physical relief I felt once I had the twins was incredible. And then there were the twins... you're almost there!

Can't blame you one bit for not sticking to a diet during pregnancy - greasy foods were a go-to for me, until I threw up so much pizza that I swore I would never eat it again. That lasted a good week. Oh, and the poutine! I'd have murdered for poutine, and partially attribute my twins' awesome birth weights to poutine! The girls were pretty much made up of Broccoli, tofu, mashed potatoes, cheese pizza and poutine! Oh, and a hell of a lot of water!

Are you all ready for the baby? 

I know what you mean.. and there is a lot that I'm giving up and won't even touch because I know it will/can cause a severe attack. I just stick to little things that make me happy and then have a milder attack. Regardless no fun! 

I'm ready for baby, the room is done, hospital bag packed, everything that I need it tucked away in drawers etc. I finished sewing the baby quilt etc. The little things that aren't done won't matter anyway and I'll get them done sometime.

My Blog
  • Glad things are going well! We are almost there! :)
  • Hey! I was wondering where you were off to though I figured you must be bussy with your pregnancy and esty shop.  Are you still doing that?

I'm sorry you've had a rough go of it pregnancy-wise, but it'll be over soon!  I'm so excited to see another IN baby!  If I don't see you again on here I hope everything goes smoothly in L&D and that both mama and baby are in perfect health!

Congrats on the new job too! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image LadyMadrid08:

Hey! I was wondering where you were off to though I figured you must be bussy with your pregnancy and esty shop.  Are you still doing that?

I'm sorry you've had a rough go of it pregnancy-wise, but it'll be over soon!  I'm so excited to see another IN baby!  If I don't see you again on here I hope everything goes smoothly in L&D and that both mama and baby are in perfect health!

Congrats on the new job too! 

I actually quit sewing for my etsy shop for the time being and had been focusing on a local boutique for children and baby's. That got to be to much with my pregnancy and everything I had going on though in December so I told her I was going to be done at the end of 2011. Best decision I had made because I was getting so stressed out about it all. The demands of custom orders all the time got to be overwhelming! I was getting sick of sewing all the time and starting to hate it. 

My Blog