Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New here and needing advice

Re: New here and needing advice

• imagednbeach12:

So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?"  Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos."

You are an absolute biitch.  You have a lack of compassion for your fellow military wives.  I don't even have words to deal with you.  Are you all that mean? 

We put the "her" in "hero"
  • imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    I'm not sure why you guys are being so mean?  I came here for help.  That's what these boards are for.  I think you are all just bitter and don't understand what we are going thru.  Please stop making fun of me and offer some constructive criticism!  I wouldn't be mean to a stranger just to be mean.  Why are you guys doing that?

Am I the only one shocked by the replies on this topic? Sweetie, not all of them are trying to be mean. Don't jump to conclusions so fast. My hubby just got out of Basic and AIT not too long ago and we barely talked (not to mention we were only married ONE MONTH before he left. Talk about heartache). Just because he doesn't write, doesn't mean he didn't care. He's most likely still in what they call "red phase"--where they don't get a lot of freedom, spare time, etc. to do anything. They have to EARN the privilege to do most things. Not to mention during their free time, they also have to use that time to shower, clean the uniform, prepare for the next day, etc etc. The fact that you have an "eye candy" is appalling in my eyes. What your boyfriend needs the most is support! My hubby told me all the time that my support and letters are what actually kept him sane and motivated each day he was away. I didn't get many letters and I sure as hell didn't jump to conclusions that he is cheating. When would your boyfriend even find the TIME to cheat? Doesn't make any sense. If you feel this way, you NEED to tell your boyfriend ASAP. You both don't deserve to be in a relationship if there is no trust--which I can see from your post that there isn't. Being a military girlfriend, spouse, etc. is the hardest job in the military. I can see that and I've barely even begun my adventure as a military wife. I can't stress enough that you need to figure out how you feel. If it's supporting your boyfriend, then you need to cut the ties with this "eye candy", especially since you have no proof that there is cheating going on. Write him as much as you can, even if you don't receive many letters back. If it's the other way, you need to be upfront with him. Don't be that "Jody" letter...

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. - Judy Garland
  • imagednbeach12:

So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?"  Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos."

/dead 

67/200
  • imageIlovemyAirmanforever:
    We all have back-up plans *eye roll*. Grow up. I can't help but think maybe your guy is thinking about how happy he will be to see you again and your sitting there dreaming about your Applebees cook. I feel sorry for him. Your age has nothing to do with it I just was curious
    I didn't not read that as Applebees cook.  My version was funnier.
    imagednbeach12:

You are an absolute biitch.  You have a lack of compassion for your fellow military wives.  I don't even have words to deal with you.  Are you all that mean? 

I haven't been mean to you! Acknowledge me!
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imagebrittanyfbaby11:

imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    I'm not sure why you guys are being so mean?  I came here for help.  That's what these boards are for.  I think you are all just bitter and don't understand what we are going thru.  Please stop making fun of me and offer some constructive criticism!  I wouldn't be mean to a stranger just to be mean.  Why are you guys doing that?

Am I the only one shocked by the replies on this topic? Sweetie, not all of them are trying to be mean. Don't jump to conclusions so fast. My hubby just got out of Basic and AIT not too long ago and we barely talked (not to mention we were only married ONE MONTH before he left. Talk about heartache). Just because he doesn't write, doesn't mean he didn't care. He's most likely still in what they call "red phase"--where they don't get a lot of freedom, spare time, etc. to do anything. They have to EARN the privilege to do most things. Not to mention during their free time, they also have to use that time to shower, clean the uniform, prepare for the next day, etc etc. The fact that you have an "eye candy" is appalling in my eyes. What your boyfriend needs the most is support! My hubby told me all the time that my support and letters are what actually kept him sane and motivated each day he was away. I didn't get many letters and I sure as hell didn't jump to conclusions that he is cheating. When would your boyfriend even find the TIME to cheat? Doesn't make any sense. If you feel this way, you NEED to tell your boyfriend ASAP. You both don't deserve to be in a relationship if there is no trust--which I can see from your post that there isn't. Being a military girlfriend, spouse, etc. is the hardest job in the military. I can see that and I've barely even begun my adventure as a military wife. I can't stress enough that you need to figure out how you feel. If it's supporting your boyfriend, then you need to cut the ties with this "eye candy", especially since you have no proof that there is cheating going on. Write him as much as you can, even if you don't receive many letters back. If it's the other way, you need to be upfront with him. Don't be that "Jody" letter...

I think so too.  I know I'm not being fair but it's how I feel!  I don't know what to do...that's why  I posted here.  I'm looking for help. 

We put the "her" in "hero"
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imagednbeach12:

Don't you see?  We're ALL bitter old hags!

[IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l630/SammyN0709/your-ecards.jpg[/IMG]
  • Oooh! I have one!

That Applebee's guy is nacho man, the boot camp guy is! 

Get it? Nacho = Not your! Yeah, not as funny. :( 

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageSammy0709:
    imageMrsOjoButtons:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imagednbeach12:

You clearly have to be an absolute biitch though to be acknowledged.  Get bitchier. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
    imagebrittanyfbaby11:

imagemypearlshisdogtags:

I think so too.  I know I'm not being fair but it's how I feel!  I don't know what to do...that's why  I posted here.  I'm looking for help. 

Sweetie, you haven't even BEGUN your adventure. No offense.  

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. - Judy Garland
  • imageSammy0709:
    imageMrsOjoButtons:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imagednbeach12:

I'm not bitter! I thought I was telling her what she wanted to hear. I want her to follow her heart.  
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:

Oooh! I have one!

I just slammed my laptop shut.  Slammed.  And DH was mad.  Dammn you.

Shot first, questions later.
  • imagebrittanyfbaby11:

Says who? You sound like a wifey martyr. 
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I told her she wasn't allowed to post here...that wasn't biitchy enough?  I need to step up my game.
  • imageKiller Cupcake:

Omg. Being a military spouse is NOT the hardest job in the military. 

I've never slept in an LAV for 7 months in the middle of an Iraqi desert and I don't dodge IEDs on my way to the grocery store.  

Yes
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • I have NEVER met a soldier (that was married) who DIDN'T say their wife has a harder job than them. Ever. 
  • imageSibil:
    imageIlovemyAirmanforever:
    We all have back-up plans *eye roll*. Grow up. I can't help but think maybe your guy is thinking about how happy he will be to see you again and your sitting there dreaming about your Applebees cook. I feel sorry for him. Your age has nothing to do with it I just was curious
    I didn't not read that as Applebees cook.  My version was funnier.
    Lol. I can only imagine. This thead is by far the best
  • imageKiller Cupcake:

I've never slept in an LAV for 7 months in the middle of an Iraqi desert and I don't dodge IEDs on my way to the grocery store.  

Pssht, speak yourself.  I have it sooo hard when I have to figure out how I'm going to record Grey's Anatomy and The Office while still catching American Idol results show.  And have you ever tried shopping at the commissary on pay day?  That's an effing death trap there.  My H has it easy. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Being the spouse on the homefront wouldn't be so hard if they didn't all cheat on deployment :(  

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:

Oooh! I have one!

What do you call cheese that is not your own? Nacho Cheese, beotches!!! 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • imagebrittanyfbaby11:
    I have NEVER met a soldier (that was married) who DIDN'T say their wife has a harder job than them. Ever. 
    Well, technically I'm married to an airman, but I'm pretty sure he's convinced my lazy ass has a much easier job.  And his job is basically powerpoint.
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:
    imagebrittanyfbaby11:

Says who? You sound like a wifey martyr. 

Obviously she doesn't know what she's getting herself into. He's away in training working his ass off and not sleeping and she's back at home and crying because she thinks he's cheating since she only received one letter and ALREADY has "eye candy"? Now THAT's true love! *rolls eyes*

I was trying to be nice, but I guess that's not going to get my point across. 

• imagebrittanyfbaby11:
    I have NEVER met a soldier (that was married) who DIDN'T say their wife has a harder job than them. Ever. 

That's because that soldier still wants to get laid when he gets home.  Any wife who actually believes she has the toughest job is selfish and delusional.  

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebrittanyfbaby11:

Fuuvck, I mean, who is being sarcastic and who's legitimately moronic....I can't keep up anymore.  

• imagebrittanyfbaby11:

You have a cammie purse with your husband's rank on it, don't you?

• imageIrishcurls:

imagebrittanyfbaby11:

Fuuvck, I mean, who is being sarcastic and who's legitimately moronic....I can't keep up anymore.  

There should be a special sarcasim font....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • imageSammy0709:

imagebrittanyfbaby11:

You have a cammie purse with your husband's rank on it, don't you?

LOL, yep and I carry it around everywhere ;) 

• imagednbeach12:
    imageKiller Cupcake:

I dodge IEDs every day

Shot first, questions later.
  • imageSibil:
    imagebrittanyfbaby11:
    Well, technically I'm married to an airman, but I'm pretty sure he's convinced my lazy ass has a much easier job.  And his job is basically powerpoint.
    Your airman doesn't fly an AEroplane?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:
    imageSibil:
    imagebrittanyfbaby11:
    Your airman doesn't fly an AEroplane?
    No, I get it.  I really do, but I couldn't help myself with that one.