Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Randoms

I got a summons for jury duty yesterday.  There's no way I'll get picked, right?  Nobody wants a 36 week pregnant lady on their jury. I'm emotional and unpredictable! What if I go into labor during the trial?! Blerg.

My office has bagels for breakfast every wednesday.  Normally I abstain, but today I am having an asiago bagel with cream cheese, and it is so delicious. 

My upstairs renovation is 99% done.  We've been waiting on a moulding delivery for a week, so that they can finish.  It looks awesome, and I love it, but I'm getting cranky about the moulding, because I can't put my house back together until it's installed.  I have pretty new closets and shelving, and I want to fill them up with stuff!!

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
www.focushunting.com

Re: Randoms

• why did you have to go and make me lust after your bagel? why?

finally saw hunger games last night. when i got home from work i could have throttled derek, he was all "oh i feel like crap today i don't want to go anymore"

but we went. my dead eye stare typically wins every time.

and i was pleased!

um. what else. i guess i don't have all that much going on today.

• I slept like crap last night and have the rage today.  I seriously may punch something before the day is over.

I've eaten almost an entire bag of spiced jelly beans this morning.

I really want to go see Hunger Games tonight.  If Mr. Garlic doesn't want to go, I may go by myself. 

• I think I slept about 11 hours last night.  We went hiking for about 3 hours yesterday in this gorgeous nature reserve right along the ocean in Carmel.   It didn't seem super strenuous at the time.  Just insanely windy.  But as soon as we got back to the hotel after an early dinner we realized we would not be leaving again.  I think we were asleep by 8:00.  Pregnant vacation is much tamer and sleep-focused than non-pregnant vacation.  
  • image mgarlits:

I've eaten almost an entire bag of spiced jelly beans this morning.

So YOU'RE the one who likes the spiced ones! *v

Our anniversary is tomorrow and my H planned this whole day on Friday for us. I'm so excited. We're going to Portsmouth for the day, I love it up there. 

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image ChristinS:
    I think I slept about 11 hours last night.  We went hiking for about 3 hours yesterday in this gorgeous nature reserve right along the ocean in Carmel.   It didn't seem super strenuous at the time.  Just insanely windy.  But as soon as we got back to the hotel after an early dinner we realized we would not be leaving again.  I think we were asleep by 8:00.  Pregnant vacation is much tamer and sleep-focused than non-pregnant vacation.  

This sounds similar to our Savannah vacation. We booked it all, WOOO WE'RE GOING TO PARTY ON RIVER STREET!. 2 weeks later I was pregnant.

For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • image BobLoblaw:

Our anniversary is tomorrow and my H planned this whole day on Friday for us. I'm so excited. We're going to Portsmouth for the day, I love it up there. 

For a second I thought you were talking about Portsmouth, RI, which is just south of me.

• I just read about a bakery in Providence that makes bacon and cheddar scones, and now that's all I can think about, even though I don't really like scones.

The lotion I used this morning smells really good.  It was something I took from a hotel and I want to lick myself I smell so yummy. 

• image KayRI:
    image BobLoblaw:

For a second I thought you were talking about Portsmouth, RI, which is just south of me.

Kay and I would have crashed your anniversary. Awkwardness would have ensued.

• I think my steroids are giving me the crazy. Flucking asthma. All of my cowerkers are drama queens. Still didn't do much reading/posting for my Intarwebz Universitie. They changed my monitor and now I don't have speakers, so I plugged my headphones in and then taped the earbuds to the top of it. I have baby fever and no way to relieve it.

I'm fabulous.
  • image KayRI:

I just read about a bakery in Providence that makes bacon and cheddar scones, and now that's all I can think about, even though I don't really like scones.

My mom made some bacon and cheddar scones a few weeks ago. I keep daydreaming about them. I need to get the recipe and make some this weekend.

image Ready to rumble.
  • image AngieP900:
    image KayRI:
    image BobLoblaw:

Kay and I would have crashed your anniversary. Awkwardness would have ensued.

Ha! We were thinking of going to Newport, but decided on Portsmouth instead. A new brewery just opened up there! 

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I have a love/hate relationship with steroids.  But if they didn't allow me to eat whatever I wanted for a few precious days, it would be all hate.  Sorry you have to be on them.  They give you such a WEIRD feeling.

I get to meet Nadja in TWO DAYS!!!

I also get to make my near annual pilgrimage to IKEA!  I shall spend today making a shopping list.

we all fall down sometimes
    brass and ballet flats
  • image crancherry:

I have baby fever and no way to relieve it.

Yes you do.  It's called Target on the weekends.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    image crancherry:

Or, I could send you some recordings.

• I had a phone interview last Thursday and she tentatively scheduled an in person for this Thursday saying she would confirm Friday. Monday I sent her a note regarding confirmation. I have not heard back. I haz the sads.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • image AngieP900:
    image CaliopeSpidrman:
    image crancherry:

Or you can go out to a nice dinner, drink booze and sleep in the next day.  That usually cures it for me.

• Oh Cali. Your sig. Love.
  • J and I are booking a trip to NM for July. We need to get away and relax. I'm excited, but also bummed because we were initially going to do it in May until we realized it would interfere with the NBA playoffs.

I am such an emotional eater and despite being aware of this, I do it anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drive 20 miles roundtrip on my lunch break to have a pizza buffet.

• Bethie- I love Portsmouth! Have fun and Happy Anniversary! If you are going to be there for breakfast, The Friendly Toast is very good.

• where are you going in NM okla?

• My sister JUST got engaged Friday and isn't getting married until June 2013, but I'm already finding myself thinking about my maid of honor speech in my head while I'm driving.  I've heard too many BAD wedding speeches so I want mine to be really really good!  I'll have to keep it funny and not sappy though or I'll cry and not be able to talk. 

I just found out my cousin is going to go work on a salmon fishing boat in Alaska from June to September.  He will make the same amount of money in 4 months as he does normally in a whole year.  He and his wife are trying to save up to adopt a sibling for their daughter.  While fishing is totally not my bag, I'm kind of jealous of him having a great big adventure.  

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]
  • We will probably stay in Santa Fe, with a few days trips, maybe a night's stay in the southern part of the state to check out the space museum and White Sands.
  • image Kamikaze3:

Bethie- I love Portsmouth! Have fun and Happy Anniversary! If you are going to be there for breakfast, The Friendly Toast is very good.

Thanks! I forgot about that place!

• i hope you have a good time! my sister lives right in the vicinity. santa fe is pretty fun for visitors! You should go see Bandellier national monument!
  • It's definitely on the list! I lived there from ages 7-11, so I've been to most of the touristy things, but haven't been back in 17 years.
  • My only NM experience was stopping to use the bathroom at the visitors center and the sign said "WATCH YOUR STEP-- POISONOUS SNAKES" and I wanted to cry.
  • image BobLoblaw:
    image Kamikaze3:

Bethie- I love Portsmouth! Have fun and Happy Anniversary! If you are going to be there for breakfast, The Friendly Toast is very good.

Thanks! I forgot about that place!

There's one in Cambridge too!

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • image mgarlits:
    image AngieP900:
    image CaliopeSpidrman:
    image crancherry:

Or you can go out to a nice dinner, drink booze and sleep in the next day.  That usually cures it for me.

Target could work.

I can't drink. IT SUCKS. I basically get a hangover while I'm still drinking... some weakazz white wine. :(

I'm fabulous.
  • Kiz, I think you might be more excited about your sister's engagement than she is.  :)
    A few guys I knew did the fishing boat in Alaska thing after graduating.  It really is a great way to make bank in a short period of time.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I just heard Rihanna's 'S&M' song and realized that all this time I thought she was singing about a sex swing when she says sex in the air... I love the smell of it. But now the other line made me realize she's actually saying she likes the smell of sex in the air, not the physical act suspended in air. Very random but I had to tell someone and I doubt my new office roommate would appreciate my discovery.