International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My relationship is backwards

DH just said "I understand you're tired from work, but I need attention too."

So much for traditional gender roles here in Spain. He cleans and irons too. Thank goodness, I wouldn't make it otherwise. (Note: I'm working FT, he's working 1/3 time.)

I feel like I should go pour a scotch or something manly. Instead, I think it's time for a raspberry lambic. Summer weather = summer beer. 

Re: My relationship is backwards

• I had an off day with DH, too. He had a client meeting near home in the morning, so he decided to pop in for lunch announced. Except I was hanging out at the Alliance Francaise watching movies in the library with my phone turned off. I got this grumbly "what were you doing out for so long? I thought you had work to do" when I came back. Meanwhile, I work for myself and he's the one coming home when he should have gone back to the office after the meeting.

Gaaa. I don't even know if that made sense. Anyway, I love raspberry lambic. Enjoy it!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is now home on paternity leave, so our roles are supposed to be switched for a little while, but we're still adjusting. DD, on the other hand, immediately turned traitor since DH took care of her last week while I was gone. Now she runs to him first instead of me. Crying I should be happy since it makes it easier for me to work if she's not clingy, but I just keep thinking - "I took care of you day and night for 11 whole months, and he's your primary caregiver for 1 week and you prefer him already?!!?" Traitor. Grumble.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/124ygoz.jpg[/IMG]

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d

BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a75f6">BFP Chart</a>
  • mine is kind of like that too. If H doesn't get enough attention, he makes it very clear that I need to make time for him. He also does the Saturday house-cleaning while I'm grocery shopping and does the dishes every night. When I got home from work yesterday,he was ironing his clothes while watching football :)  It makes my life easier that he doesn't conform to traditional gender roles
  • MH is an attention sucker too. He's always been amazing at house chores but when he is desperate for some cuddle time he would even swiffer the floors and dust the surfaces for those extra minutes :) I just love that!