International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*** shantroy83 ***

Just waving hello!

It's always fun to see new faces around here!  What brings you to our neck of The Nest?

Re: *** shantroy83 ***

• **Waves back**

Hi! Thanks for the shout out!

I'm a semi-international nestie and thought I'd pop over and check things out around here. I'm a Canadian who currently lives in NYC.  I don't really consider it international, but I suspose it is!  

Background. I'm 28 and single. I'm working on my masters in Organizational Psychology, which is why I moved to New York.  I love to travel, and just returned from a trip to Peru where I hiked the Inca Trail. 

I don't really have much else to say, but I'll definitely poke around a bit more. I'm looking forward to getting to know all you guys! 

• Ooh! I'd love to visit Peru at some point! Right now it's on my "if I move back to the Americas travel list" though. It's just too hard to find good flight options from here.

• I highly recommend it! I was trying to figure out what to do for spring break, and thought about flying back to Canada and then on whim googled Peru. It was actually cheaper and quicker for me to fly to Peru than it was for me to go home! So I went to Peru!  Much more fun than being back in Canada, warmer too!  I'm still rocking a pretty good sunburn!  Radom tourists were lining up to give hats and sunscreen when we reached Machu Picchu.  A Russian tourist gave me his hat, because I looked very red and he felt bad for my nose!  You know your sun burn is bad when....:)

I think Peru should be on everyone's travel list. It's so beautiful and Machu Picchu is incredible!  It's definitely worth a trip.    

• Hi! That makes two of us in NYC :) 

Welcome to the board!