Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How do you pick a furnace filter

I know I need to replace mine but I have no idea...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How do you pick a furnace filter

• The easiest way to do it is pull out your old filter, put it in a plastic bag, and take it to Lowes or Home Depot. If you have aluminum washable filters, just take them out, and wash them in the laundry tub.
  • Check the size on yours (obviously and go from there).

I like the 3M allergy ones that need to be changed every 3 months. They're spendy but I do think they work. I can tell the difference between that and cheaper ones.

However, my furnace guy said as long as the size was correct and they were changed per the schedule on the filter (or once a month if there isn't one) they're all fine.

• The size should be written on the old filter.  We use the 3 month allergy ones.  I usually buy them at Walmart.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers