Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Streaky laminate floor

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone had any tips on cleaning laminate floors?

We have high quality laminate flooring that looks like hardwood and has a slight sheen to it. After I clean it, it streaks. Shark Vac - streaks. Swiffer wet jet w/ the laminate/hardwood cleaner - streaks.  Should I just resort to the old fashioned mopping technique?

any tips/product recommendations?

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Streaky laminate floor

• Hi! I posted this http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/64175539.aspx  not long ago and there were some good suggestions.

I have been wiping/damp mopping my laminate floors regularily and it really helps but for deeper cleaning, I haven't found anything that works as well as Bona hard floor cleaner.

• I tried every cleaner out there but nothing worked.  I called the manufacturer and they recommended I clean with 1 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar, one drop dish soap.  They also recommended one of the fill it yourself microfiber mops that sprays in front.  I bought the reveal mop and I love it.

You are NEVER supposed to saturate laminate floors b/c it will get between the cracks and ruin the floor.  It took about 3 cleanings to get the floors looking nice.  I had no idea how to clean them so I was using all kinds of cleaners that were adding. Build up to the floors and causing streaks too.   

If your not sure what to use you can call the manufacturers for guidelines too :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers