So - DH and I started remodeling last week. After 4 full days of work and one enormous dumpster being full to the max, we're nearly done with it all. We still have to pull up a little bit of the old flooring but we've taken the last few days off to rest and recuperate. Neither DH or I could really move our arms above our heads for a while there. We're heading to the family cabin for the weekend but will get the remaining floor up next week so that we can put down a new subfloor and get ready for the electrician to come back to run new circuits!
We took out the plaster in walls in 2 rooms, took out and demolished the old cabinets and countertops,took off the ugly super duper gloppy painted trim, took out one wall completely, removed a chimney, and took out almost all the floors. Things are going to move fast once the electrician is done.
Pics enclosed, I think. I've never been good at putting them in. 1st should be pre-demo (but I was emptying cabinets so ignore the mess), 2nd is during demo - black stuff is adhesive, not mold. 3rd is the chimney going through the middle. 4th is dark since I took out the overhead lights so they wouldn't get damaged but the chimney is totally gone.