Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

using e-vite -- Qs

I decided to use evite for an upcoming party.  I never used it before.  Since it's a surprise party for DH, I don't want to use FB b/c he'll find out.

I manually entered the addresses but very few people have even looked at the invitation.  I fear that I entered addresses wrong.  Other people have told me they didn't get an invitation. How do I know if the invitation went through correctly?

When I tried sending at least 2 people private e-mails using the addresses on FB, they bounced back to me as undeliverable. 

The party is in 5 weeks.  Should I just give up, pay for & send paper invites via US mail?

Re: using e-vite -- Qs

• I've only used e-vite once bc I'm a paper lover.  But the one time I used it, I found that a majority of people never looked at the invitation and several said they never received it.  I think a few email servers send it to junk mail.  E-vite will send a reminder email to the recipients. 

A second thought is that because it's for so far in the future, people may be ignoring it for now, thinking, "I don't know what I'm doing next month" and then it gets buried in their inbox.

I'd send paper invitations.  People appreciate the time and are more apt to get excited about something that comes with a real invitation. 
    My absolute favorite company is Tiny Prints/Wedding Paper Divas.  I've never had an invite from them turn out poorly and their prices are very reasonable.  Check for coupons before ordering.

• Our group uses e-vites all the time.  I haven't had a problem with them going through.

If you're worried, send a mass email out to let people know they are getting an e-vite for the surprise party and to contact you if they don't get one.  You'll know from there which ones bounce back.
  • I definitely wouldn't use an e-vite.  I just received an e-vite for a bridal shower.  It came through okay and I was able to RSVP.  A few days later, I got an email from the bride's mother saying that she was just checking to make sure I got the e-vite b/c they hadn't gotten my reply.  Turns out, only about half the guests received the e-vite and they only received RSVP's from a few people. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 3/23/12 ~ EDD 11/29/12 ~ M/C 5/20/12 ~ D&E 5/21/12
    BFP #2 10/21/12 ~ EDD 7/4/13 ~ Team Pink! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Overall I am very dissatisfied with the system.  Too many people told me they didn't get anything.  I just had the system resend everything.  People who got that told me they didn't get the original.

I ended up snail mailing several invitations . . .so much for the cost savings.