International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good morning!

Good morning, all. Anything going on today?

QOTD: As a counterpoint to The Artist talk, what's the worst movie you ever sat through?

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/124ygoz.jpg[/IMG]

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d

BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a75f6">BFP Chart</a>

Re: Good morning!

• For Christmas DH gave me a spa package that I booked for this afternoon. I've never done anything like it before, so I'm both looking forward to it and a little apprehensive. I'm bringing my bikini because I refuse to lounge around naked (bath towel or not). When I was 18 I didn't have enough self-confidence to stand up to peer pressure to get naked in a German sauna, but now I do. I think. I hope.

QOTD: When I was a teenager my neighbor and I wanted to see Screamers (horrible sci-fi movie). Since it was rated R we couldn't get in alone, so instead of my dad going with my mom to see Mr. Holland's Opus, he came in with us. I've never lived it down because it was definitely the worst movie I've ever seen in the theater. The worst movie I ever saw (besides Mystery Science Theater 3000 movies, but they don't count) was I think called Ambulance - there was this ambulance that chased down the heroes trying to kill them, and would show up in the most impossible places.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/124ygoz.jpg[/IMG]

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d

BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a75f6">BFP Chart</a>
  • Have to take the vacuum back to the store today. The cord pulled too far in and won?t pull out now. Hoping the store gives me a replacement or a vac to use while mine gets repaired. We have some serious dust bunnies going on and I don?t think I can take much more without a vac. Other than that, just getting some rain pants for DD and running a couple of errands. Nothing too exciting.

QOTD: I don?t remember the name, but it was horrid and came out when I was in the 9th grade, I believe. I don?t even remember what it was about, just that the theater was almost empty and the film was terrible.

"Cause life
  • Morning!  Going to work and the gym.... today is my Friday as I took tomorrow off because of the whole visa issue, which we are still working on.

QOTD:  I can't recall the name, but it was a movie from the 80s about murder on a cruiseship... we watched it in college and it was awful! 

• Good Morning!

Not much happened today, just laundry.  Friday I am planning to go to the Ombudsman's talk, just to see what's going on there.  Having dealt with the Energy  Ombudsman to get my electric bill sorted, I might put in a nice word if the situation warrants.

QOTD:  The Piano.  I just do not get the excitement over that movie.  It sucked big time.  At one office Christmas party, when this topic came up at the table, I commented to my boss that "even Harvey Keitel's a$$ couldn't save that movie."  Newsies, The Secret of Roan Inish, and Nell come in close behind on my list of the worst movies ever.

I don't mind being held to a higher standard; I mind being held to a lower one. (Sam Seaborn, The West Wing)
    Anniversary
  • QOTD:  Memento.  The director still owes me two hours of my life.
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/i/ie6m2rqto.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • I'm in Aberdeen (any evening eating/drinking/sightseeing suggestions?) for a training course, and I'm trying desperately to avoid catching the instructor's cold. :( ugh

QOTD: Overall, it would have to be "Blood-sucking Freaks" which we randomly found at the music/movie store where I worked in high school. It was ridiculously cheap with our discount and looked weird, so we bought it and watched it. It was horrible awful and disturbing but not in a creepy "Saw" way but more in a "who the hell would watch this crap?" kind of way. In the theater? I don't know. We used to go to so many films that I can't come up with anything specific. It would probably be one of those stupid comedies where they show all the good bits in the previews and you never laugh during the film.

On a related note, the "best worst" movie I've ever seen was Starship Troopers 3. The acting was so bad that it was comedic. We kept joking that they filmed the whole thing in single takes, and if people screwed up? Oh well. XH and I still quote the worst bits where the actors' inflection was completely off. A few days ago I was flipping channels in the hotel, and it was on. I recognized it by how bad the acting was! My thought was "Wow, this show has some bad acting. ...wait a minute! Is it ST3?!" I let it run for a few minutes to confirm, and yes it was. And still that bad!

PS - I apparently Nest too much. My iPad auto-corrected "QOTD" Embarrassed
  • Good morning.  I forced myself out of bed this morning for a workout, and feel better for it.  I'm trying to keep the routine up, and so far so good.

Normal day at work, and then have a moving company come by this evening to give me a quote.  I really have to start taking care of more details, so hopefully tonight I'll put together a list.

QOTD: The worst one I saw in cinema was Borat.  I know I would hate it, but DH and some of his friends wanted to go so I tagged along.  It was painful.  I know some people love it, but I hate that type of humour.

Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am planning on cleaning the apartment and that is about all i have going :)  I will attempt to convince myself that working out is a good idea, but we will see how well that works.

QOTD: I am not sure of the worst movie ever, but the worst movie recently that I watched  was Russell Crowe's version of Robin Hood. I have never seen a film that could turn a perfectly good story into something that dull! I was ready to turn the film off, but we watched all the way through and it never got better. I expected more from a film starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. BORING.

• I keep thinking today is Friday, it's a problem. Tomorrow I have stuff that's fun going on, but today I'm not planning anything - have a slightly crazy weekend leading into a very overwhelming March/April social life so I'm taking my lazy nights when I find them! Will work out, eat something healthy, knit and watch some terrible TV.

QODT: I have seen a lot of terrible movies. Momento (I'm with you MrsA!), Gods and Generals, Gigli. Recently I saw the War Horse in the theatre and was very under-amused.

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks, Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pitt: I keep thinking today is Friday, too. I was sure yesterday was Thurs until I saw a hump day post on one of the forums I go to. Ugh. 

QOTD: I loved Momento! There was a period of my life where I often fell asleep at the movie theater if I was bored. I slept through one of the Austin Power movies and many other I don't remember. The only time I left a theater because I didn't enjoy the movie was a Paul Walker movie about going back in time. I don't remember what it was called.  

• Happy March to all :)

Today I have some studying to do, then I'm going to go to the gym and to pick up my BFF's birthday present. She lives in CA and will spend 5 days here in the city starting Saturday... so we can have a lot of girly fun!

QOTD - The worst movie ever is definitely the Phantom of the Opera with that girl who attempted to sing... can't remember her name now. It came out ten years or so ago. It was so unbelievably painful to watch, sigh.