Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Flight for Ireland $800 did I get a good deal??

I decided to book our airfare today even though our trip is not till October. I have been looking at flights for a few months and the flight I wanted went up to $1000 from $798 in 1 day. There was only one good flight left that would work at $802 so I jumped on it. Longer layover but glad I booked that before all flights skyrocket because of gas. I booked with Orbitz just in case the flight goes down. Seeing all the post the past few days on Europe airfare Im glad mine was only $800. These airfare prices are killing my travel goals

Re: Flight for Ireland $800 did I get a good deal??

• My husband and I traveled to Ireland last April and spent about $550 a person, round-trip - but that was before prices exploded and in the shoulder season! We're flying to Copenhagen in May for about $750 a person, so I think your price is on par. Just enjoy the fact that it is checked off of your list! :) And, don't keep checking prices...I did and found a lower price one day and it killed me!
    <a href="http://www.notyourmommascookie.com" target="_blank">Not Your Momma's Cookie: Cookie Decorating and More</a>
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2uib0it.jpg[/IMG]
  • There's not much you can do about it now, so don't torture yourself playing that game. I just won't tell you what I paid to go to Ireland in early 2002 when people were still timid about flying. Wink
    Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
    Mark Twain

My Travel Blog

• i think you did well!! flights are WAY up this year. also i'd chooose a longer layover any day-short layovers make me anxious as hell. i'd much rather hang around at an airport and save myself the stress :)
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • I agree, I think $800 round-trip/person is a good fare. We've paid less, but that was several years ago, before fares started going bananas. If it helps put it in perspective, I found a round-trip fare for $700 to Sweden.

In November. In the winter, when tourism starts to dip.

If you keep thinking "I could have done better" you'll never be satisfied. My H does this and it drives me crazy. 

I swim because I'm too damned sexy for a sport that requires real clothing.
  • Because of my work schedule, we always fly high/peak seasons.  To me, $800pp is a steal for a European flight.  
  • I think that is a great price for October travel. I just went to Ireland in January and paid about $700 for a direct flight. I would expect the airfare in October to be more anyway since January is off season.

Have a great trip! I really love Ireland. I've been there twice and would love to go back again. Smile

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/335avs8.jpg[/IMG]