Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Things to see/do in Destin, FL?

My friends and I have decided to go to Destin Fl next week for a girls vacation. We are staying 4 days. What are some good things to see and do there? Any restaurant or hotel recs? Thanks

Re: Things to see/do in Destin, FL?

• Are you into nightlife? The Boardwalk usually has live bands. AJ's is really popular.

McGuire's Irish Pub is fun. Fudpuckers is a silly tourist trap. Harbor Docks looks like a hole in the wall, but has great food. 

There are outlet malls near Sandestin. At the Sandestin resort there are some cute boutiques.

I have family there, so the only hotels I've ever stayed at are the Inn on Destin Harbor which was cute and little, and the Sandestin resort, which cost a small fortune.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a house there so I don't know anything about hotels there, but I will say that AJs is a zoo. If you are into a meat market kind of place that is what it is. It may not be so crowded now (although since it is starting on Spring Break time soon it could be)

There are the outlets in Sandestin, Silver Dollar I think it is called. There is Baytown Wharf, which has some shopping/restaurants and is also in Sandestin. Destin Commons is another outdoor mall on 98, has regular shops (Banana, Loft, etc). I would drive over to Seaside or Rosemary Beach for the day, Seaside is super cute. The Gulfarium is closed right now until Summer. You could do a dolphin cruise.

Honestly, there isn't much to do there besides the beach, eating and shopping. We were just there last week and it rained every day and it was in the high 60s, so not really beach weather yet.

The Donut Hole is great for breakfast. There are 2 locations and they get busy. Vintaj (I could be spelling it wrong) is a good restaurant across from the outlets. I wouldn't say Destin has the best food in the world but there are some good casual restaurants.

DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/15gf6sz.jpg[/IMG]
  • I like going to Sandestin for shopping and we love driving down HWY 30 which goes along the beach (Grayton Beach, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, etc) and stopping along there to walk around.

We also always stop at Red Bar on Grayton Beach for lunch or dinner (cash only). They have awesome bands that play at night and the Sheryl Crow lives n the area and has stopped in and played there before (once we went and she was there two nights prior..argh!).

http://www.theredbar.com/

• We love hitting up The Back Porch.   Another Broken Egg is also good for breakfast.

Ditto PP about shopping and the Hwy 30 drive.  

• There's a shack of a bar - I think it's called the Boathouse. We really enjoy it - low key, live music.

Dewey Destin was my beat dinner there to date.

Broken Egg is great for breakfast. 

I like it there - very low key. I've been there twice, and my boyfriend's mom goes yearly.  

ExerciseMilestone