Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I like this new salad they have at our grocery store salad bar

ok, it has a basic dark green with some purple leaves, then a bunch of blackberries, blueberries and strawberries; with whole pecans, in a raspberry vinegrette (sp?) and it is SO good. I am thinking this with some hot sliced chicken breast would be awesome.
SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*

Re: I like this new salad they have at our grocery store salad bar

• Hell yes! I'd be all over that.

We had salad bar tonight, too. I tried a fresh coleslaw with diced apples in it. It was sooo good. 

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/rk27f4.jpg[/IMG]
  • That sounds really good - and I usually don't like sweet salads!
  • image exhausted_bride:

Hell yes! I'd be all over that.

We had salad bar tonight, too. I tried a fresh coleslaw with diced apples in it. It was sooo good. 

That sounds delicious!

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • Sounds fantastic!  I'd be all over every little bite...

I've actually just discovered sunflower seeds on salads and have been loving that the last couple of weeks!

• I've been dreaming about the salad I had last week when I went out for girls' night... Mixed greens with dried cherries, pistachios and blue cheese crumbles with honey dijon dressing. I added on a baked goat cheese topper. It was sooo good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This sounds REALLY good!

I'm stealing it (with the chicken) to use at the bistro I work in as a lunch special! 

• image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

I'm stealing it (with the chicken) to use at the bistro I work in as a lunch special! 

Thief! lol Your customers will love it. I was really wanting some warm  broiled chicken breast sliced on top of it.

• That sounds really good. 

I love this salad that we sometimes order for work lunches.  It is chopped lettuce (I think just romaine) with pineapple, walnuts, cherry tomatoes and dried cranberries.  The dressing is asian seasame laced with crack.

DSC_0182
    71 workouts completed in 2012
  • The only thing it is missing is feta, then it will be perfect.  
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/hvb1tz.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

Thief! lol Your customers will love it. I was really wanting some warm  broiled chicken breast sliced on top of it.

I will call it the "Sue_sue" salad. You'll be famous! 

• image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

Omg! I am so excited. lol I hope it becomes a fixture on your menu!

The feta also sounds really good.

• image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

• image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

Well, lets put feta on the salad, too! 

Any other ideas? You can be my menu muse! :)

• image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

I would offer the feta on the side,not everyone likes it.

How about a three cheese grilled cheese sandwich, on sourdough? Cheddar, provolone, swiss; with mayo and a pickle? And chips. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or egg salad! MMMmmm!  chopped egg, mayonnaise, a little mustard, dill pickle relish, diced celery, a little onion powder and maybe some pickle juice if it's too dry; on any kind of toast. Enough for three eggs per sandwich. Or if people don't want it on a sandwich, serve it scoop style with some fancy crackers.

Chicken salad, with chopped chicken breast, cashews or pecans, a bit of mayo, halved purple grapes, onion powder (or not) and some diced celery, on a croissant. With or without a slice of cheese, pref. swiss.

• image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

How about a three cheese grilled cheese sandwich, on sourdough? Cheddar, provolone, swiss; with mayo and a pickle? And chips. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or egg salad! MMMmmm!  chopped egg, mayonnaise, a little mustard, dill pickle relish, diced celery, a little onion powder and maybe some pickle juice if it's too dry; on any kind of toast. Enough for three eggs per sandwich. Or if people don't want it on a sandwich, serve it scoop style with some fancy crackers.

Chicken salad, with chopped chicken breast, cashews or pecans, a bit of mayo, halved purple grapes, onion powder (or not) and some diced celery, on a croissant. With or without a slice of cheese, pref. swiss.

We have the grilled cheese on occasion for specials and we have chicken salad on the menu! :)

I'll be eating the egg salad for lunch/dinner tonight! I have one egg left and this a a PERFECT use for it! 

• image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:
    image Sue_sue:
    image ndolehan:

This sounds REALLY good!

We have the grilled cheese on occasion for specials and we have chicken salad on the menu! :)

I'll be eating the egg salad for lunch/dinner tonight! I have one egg left and this a a PERFECT use for it!