Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

F/U to post about Loft's vanity sizing

I posted last week about my online order at Loft and the vanity sizing.  I ordered a bunch of sale pants in size 4 and 6 petite (my normal sizes) for super cheap.  I stopped by Loft this weekend to return all of the pants that I ordered online since they were all way too big.  I decided to actually try some pants on while I was there and found out that I wear a size 0 in their Marissa dress trousers.    That's just insane!  

The funny thing is that I also stopped by Old Navy to pick up a pair of yoga pants--and ended up getting a size Medium! 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: F/U to post about Loft's vanity sizing

• No wonder why I always liked The Lofts pants! lol
    Cricket's Cadence
  • image LoveMyGirlz:
    No wonder why I always liked The Lofts pants! lol

Smile

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree, it's ridiculous! I'm a 27 waist and I wear a 0 or 2 (don't remember which) in their jeans... since they've stretched the waist is even bigger. I bought a dress as White House Black Market in a 0! What do actual 0's wear?!
  • I'm finding Loft's sizing in general to be more inconsistant lately.  Also, the quality of a few sweaters I bought were not so great.
  • I know some people get mad when others complain about vanity sizing but it is driving me NUTS.  I am now a ZERO at J crew.  My waist is 27 inches. That is a true size 4.  I have broader shoulders and boobs and I wear an XS at J Crew and seriously, sometimes need an XXS it seems lately!! It pisses me off to no end. Everything is huge.
  • This is why I have to shop in the children section. Lol. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*
    Travel Adventures.
    Holiday
  • I never thought I would care about vanity sizing, but it's gotten so bad that I can't even find clothes that fit me locally. We don't have a lot of places to shop around here so I buy most of my jeans at the outlet mall (gap, old navy, at loft) and since I've lost weight plus the vanity sizing they don't even carry my size in store anymore.  At the Gap outlet I think I need a 2 ankle and they only go to 4 ankle.  At ON I tried on a 2 short over the weekend,  they were too big, and of course they don't carry 0 short in store.  

I need to start looking for other options I guess.  

[img]http://lb5m.lilypie.com/03GSm6.png[/img]
    [img]http://lb2m.lilypie.com/O6MKm6.png[/img]
  • I think J.Crew is a pretty big offender on this...as are Loft and Gap...
  • I am now a ZERO at J crew.  My waist is 27 inches. That is a true size 4.  I have broader shoulders and boobs and I wear an XS at J Crew and seriously, sometimes need an XXS it seems lately!! It pisses me off to no end. Everything is huge.

As someone who struggles with my weight, I have absolutely no sympathy for you.  Trust me, it would be worse to be dieting and exercising and still be a size 12. I would love to have your problems.  LOL. =)

Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.   Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
  • image goldgold:
    I agree, it's ridiculous! I'm a 27 waist and I wear a 0 or 2 (don't remember which) in their jeans... since they've stretched the waist is even bigger. I bought a dress as White House Black Market in a 0! What do actual 0's wear?!

Nothing Crying I am 5' tall and 100lbs soaking wet, in hs I wore a size 3/5, now I'm lucky to find some stores where a 0 is still a smaller size! It is impossible finding work pants. I just bought 00 from banana republic last weekend, this is just ridiculous!

[IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/arpreston18/mud2-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • It drives me crazy too. So, what do those you used to be a legitimate size 2 or 4 do now? I would guess that a 0 may be too large for them now. Are we going to start seeing negative sizes so that the clothes will still fit those who really are small?
    [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2t9he.jpg[/IMG]
  • image chicagobride_07:

I am now a ZERO at J crew.  My waist is 27 inches. That is a true size 4.  I have broader shoulders and boobs and I wear an XS at J Crew and seriously, sometimes need an XXS it seems lately!! It pisses me off to no end. Everything is huge.

As someone who struggles with my weight, I have absolutely no sympathy for you.  Trust me, it would be worse to be dieting and exercising and still be a size 12. I would love to have your problems.  LOL. =)

It's frustrating that everything is really big... I don't know if it is the styles lately, or what, but it seems like everything runs huge.  Pretty soon I won't be able to shop at J. Crew anymore, if they keep this up. That is what frustrates me about it. They need to start adding negative sizes if they keep it up. ha ha.

• image hollymichael:
    It drives me crazy too. So, what do those you used to be a legitimate size 2 or 4 do now? I would guess that a 0 may be too large for them now. Are we going to start seeing negative sizes so that the clothes will still fit those who really are small?

This is my point about it all. Pretty soon I won't be able to shop there, which is ridiculous.  OK *I* am not a size 0. My sister in law who is a tiny 5'0" 100lbs is a size 0.   

I just wanted to add that I just measured my waist and it is indeed the same size as usual!  So it's definitely not me that is getting smaller.

• image goldgold:
    What do actual 0's wear?!

they buy stuff that measures the waist rather than the arbitrary 0/2/4, etc. my sisters are both 0s, and they buy their jeans from Buckle, Lucky, 7FAM, etc. for pants other than jeans, they shop  A LOT. it might take them all day to find a pair of simple khaki chinos that fit, and those are usually from the larger department stores--Macy's, JCPenney, Dillard's, etc.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • image chicagobride_07:

I am now a ZERO at J crew.  My waist is 27 inches. That is a true size 4.  I have broader shoulders and boobs and I wear an XS at J Crew and seriously, sometimes need an XXS it seems lately!! It pisses me off to no end. Everything is huge.

I would much rather be a 10/12 (which and I am and I too have to work with diet and exercise to maintain my weight) and be able to go into just about any store and find something that fits me than to be a 00/0 and not be able to shop anywhere because I've been sized out.