Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tuesday Healthy Check-in

How is everyone doing???

Weight this week? Or lbs lost?

What worked?

What didn't?

How do you feel?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: Tuesday Healthy Check-in

• how are you doing? I think well.. considering my 1lb weight gain this morning. :( but it's all relative.. not trying to stress.

weight? i weigh 255.6 this morning, started at 272 i think.

what worked? eating well, and clean, no bread or sugar.

what didn't? my period..

how do you feel? i feel great actually. :)

• after 3 weeks of no weight gain, i gained 3 pounds in one week. boooooo. i think it had to do with my ben and jerry's.

i'm at 194 now--terrified of hitting 200.

and before you complain, YES ktfu girls can post here, too, because being healthy is what is important, not necessarily losing weight!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • image jennlin:

after 3 weeks of no weight gain, i gained 3 pounds in one week. boooooo. i think it had to do with my ben and jerry's.

and before you complain, YES ktfu girls can post here, too, because being healthy is what is important, not necessarily losing weight!

lol!!!! don't be terrified of hitting 200! you'll get back down in NO time. plus, you're almost done. just don't eat as many carbs during these last few weeks and you'll be fine.
  • I'm down one more pound this week (hey, a pound is a pound) and I actually feel really good! It's week one of half marathon training and I'm already having to shuffle a few days around to accomodate a really busy schedule this week, but I built in lots of extra weeks for training so I'm not too worried about that.

What worked - continuing to watch my carb intake and portion sizes, but I also managed to fit workouts into a couple days where I didn't think I'd have time to. So, got in a little extra exercise this week! Yay!

What didn't work - I need to not put off having breakfast on the weekends. I'm really good about eating it at work, but I don't really sleep in that much on saturdays and sundays and still somehow forget to eat breakfast, or eat it really late. Then I'm hungry for anything and everything the rest of the day. Ugh!

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • image sarack:
    image jennlin:

after 3 weeks of no weight gain, i gained 3 pounds in one week. boooooo. i think it had to do with my ben and jerry's.

lol!!!! don't be terrified of hitting 200! you'll get back down in NO time. plus, you're almost done. just don't eat as many carbs during these last few weeks and you'll be fine.

I heard pregnant ladies beat you up if you take away their carbs :)

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • image MerrileeKate:

I heard pregnant ladies beat you up if you take away their carbs :)

true facts.

• Just ran 5 miles outside, small hills and sprints included. Feel really good right now but i know im gonna crash soon. Making a stirfry with asian veggies & brown rice for lunch. Going out for late dinner with friend in town tonight so being super good now.

Pounds lost: will let u know thurs at my weigh in

Worked: asian stir frys

Didnt work: stepping on scale two days after a checkin and being bummed i didnt lose any esp when kicking my ass in gym after pigout 

• I haven't weighed myself since before the snow, but I fit in to my skinny jeans!!!!!!

I, successfully, turned down fries yesterday. I think I can stay on this no fried food thing. The no wine thing is much harder. 

I'm going to work out every day this week and continue to not eat fried foods. 

• image uwhuskygirl:

I haven't weighed myself since before the snow, but I fit in to my skinny jeans!!!!!!

I, successfully, turned down fries yesterday. I think I can stay on this no fried food thing. The no wine thing is much harder. 

I'm going to work out every day this week and continue to not eat fried foods. 

awesome job!

merilee & jenn- that is what a few people told me their docs said! i was just passing the word! if you're concerned...

• image sarack:

merilee & jenn- that is what a few people told me their docs said! i was just passing the word! if you're concerned...

it's "simple carbs"...white bread, sugar, etc that you need to avoid. ktfu, or not. everyone should avoid these.

"complex carbs" - whole wheat, etc, you don't need to avoid...but as always, everything in moderation.

• I didn't weigh myself this morning, but overall have been eating a bit healthier. Except now I'm starving at work and want chicken nuggets.

I've been trying to make it my mission to eat breakfast everyday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haven't weighed myself this week, but i'm afraid too! Went out of town this weekend and ate garbage. Bag on the badwagon this week and hitting the treadmill at least 3x this week. Weigh in on Sat. Also carb and calorie counting.
  • image jennlin:
    image sarack:

it's "simple carbs"...white bread, sugar, etc that you need to avoid. ktfu, or not. everyone should avoid these.

"complex carbs" - whole wheat, etc, you don't need to avoid...but as always, everything in moderation.

Complex cards are good and you need them. 50-60% of your diet should come from carbs. It fuels your brain!

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/34dikpf.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/amr2vn.jpg[/IMG]
  • How is everyone doing???

Weight this week? Or lbs lost? Still no scale, but when I was at my moms I weighed myself...no bueno. :-(

What worked? I think I'm failing at this whole thing but I did get on the elliptical a few times!

What didn't? Wine.

How do you feel? Like poo.

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/34dikpf.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/amr2vn.jpg[/IMG]
  • image jennlin:
    image sarack:

got it. and some of us avoid those already. :)