Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confessions/AWs/UOs/Vents

2»

Re: Confessions/AWs/UOs/Vents

• Vent: I am a little pissy about everybody and their mother knowing about pinterest now, i swear I get 2-3 notifications a day that someone I know is following me. How am I supposed to pass off al these fab ideas and recipes off as my own with everyone knowing my source. I think I would feel the same way about the nest as well.

Vent 2: i am also in desperate need of losing weight and am too lazy and exhausted to do anything about it. I weigh more now than I did nine months pregnant with Anna and it makes me sick. It finally hit me when I had to go try on BM dresses the other night and I had to order the largest size ever in my life while everyone else was a size 4. I have never been this way until now. I dont need to be skinny, just comfortable in my clothes. So I have jumped on the weight loss band wagon and started the shred yesterday. I also plan on doing personal training sessions after my surgery. I dont care about the costs, its time to do me.

AW: baby factory is closing 2/8!  I am excited to never be on hormones again, I am scared to be under anesthesia though. Being that I birthed three humans, this out patient procedure should eb nothing but for some reason I am scared to death.

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Confession: I would love to become a lawyer.  For reals.  Only 4 years of night school lol.

Confession: I am becoming obsessed with housewares.  I would rather have Fiesta dishes and household items as gifts and look at this stuff all the time. Am I nesting or is there something seriously wrong with me!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image larrysdarling:
    image ooodsie:
    image larrysdarling:

And in NJ, it's tough to get someone out of your rental once they're in - even if they stop paying.

What county in NJ?   We have a rental in Camden County (haddon heights) and I was VERY impressed with the speediness of the court hearing & sheriff coming to do the lockout.  All totalled from date of filing for eviction to actual sheriff lockout date was 30-40 days.   In philly it takes me upwards of 5 months :(

Not Camden but that still holds no interest to me. I don't want to deal with potential property damage, late/non payers, trying to sell a rental,having to pay mortgage on two properties b/c the renters didn't pay, etc.  

Understandable.  I was just trying to clarify the system was fairly decent in case that was your main reason of concern.   Being a landlord is a rough business and tenants for the most part SUCK, so I don't blame you!

• Confession: we put our house on the market on Thursday and signed an AOS on Saturday. I think I might vomit soon just from the stress of the paperwork.

Vent and possibly a UO: I was OOT last week for a work conference. One morning we had this motivational speaker that was all about "creating leaders" and motivating people to have "PASSION" for their work. The guy was a good speaker, but pretty much said that you cannot motivate others or "sell" your product without passion. I really wanted to disagree with him, b/c, (this is the possible UO), I believe my job is what I do for work, I do it very well and I am dedicated to it.  However, I view work as something that pays my bills. My passions are other stuff--like running on mountains, trying good beers, getting muddy with friends, raising money for brain tumors, eating good food, etc. And, my big thing is that you need a balance between the two--the guy didn't really address that too much, so I thought some of his 90 minute talk was total BS. 

How do you feel about motivational speakers?