Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confessions/AWs/UOs/Vents

Vent: We had a KGB deal for 3 hours of house cleaning, and they did a crappy job. I had to re-clean most of my apartment last night.

Also, we're not really ready to buy a house, but I keep finding houses in our ward that I WANT.  I should really stop checking EveryHome every moring.

Also, we're having people over tonight and I'm worried we won't have enough food. Logically, I think we have enough for a small army, but you never know and I feel like I would fail at life if I don't send people home overstuffed.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Confessions/AWs/UOs/Vents

• Confession: I love my baby but I am ready to go back to work in two weeks. More power to the SAHMs but I can't wait to be back on a schedule, be consistently productive and have regular adult interaction.  By 3pm, I'm crawling the walls waiting for Mr. D to get home.

Vent: I'm so freaking tired of Mr.D's uncles (he works for the family business) constantly asking when we are going to buy a house. First, it is none of their business. Plus, they obviously know how little he makes and it pisses me off that they can't even give him the measly 3% COL wage increase when they are making big profits.  I'm not about to be house-poor just because rates are low.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • Vent - My kid was sick this week for the first time.  I was insanely jealous and internally (and irrationally, I might add) angry that DH got to stay home with him Tuesday through Thursday after I took him to the doctor on Monday.  It's not that I don't trust my DH or think it's unfair that he got to stay home with him.  DH is salary and I'm hourly so it makes practical sense.  I just wanted to stay with him.

AW: Since I came back from ML, everyone in my office has been complimenting me like crazy.  They all keep saying how sorry they feel for my admin, because it was basically like she had 3 months off.  In 3 weeks, she's had more work than that entire 3 months.  It's nice to hear.

UO: I think, not in all cases but in most that I see, wearing knee high boots to work is inappropriate.

• ds has been a restless sleeper as of late (see post below).  last night he woke up about 11:30 and i just didn't have the energy to keep going over to settle him and i'm not ready to CIO yet so i put him in the RNP sleeper (basinet) in our room and he slept the rest of the night until 7:45 this morning.  i've been doing this on and off for months.  i know i just have to suck it up and let him settle himself but he loves that RNP so much. i do love the ppl at FP for this invention.  i also hate them bc this thing has become my crutch.
    BMW arrived 12/1/07
    TJW arrived 7/28/11
  • thanks beagle!  i was hoping one of these would pop up today.  this week has been frustrating at best.

vent- i hate planned parenthood protests.  there was the morning after the march for life that i had to walk by on my way to work.  if i ever have ds out picketing w a pic of an aborted fetus, please check me in to an in-patient mental facility.  i could go on for a page and a half about this but i will stop my rant now.

whine- ds gave me his cold.  i hate that he is sick and that i am sick.  i really cannot wait until i can take the good stuff for cold medicine and to get rid of the effing ugly black medela pisa bag.  c'mon one year mark.

confession- this one is embarassing at best.... if kris humphries could refrain from ever speaking, i would totally get with that.  he is hot- as long as he doesn't talk.  that makes him much less attractive.  i also think mitt romeny is a cutie but i am a sucker for power and wealth.   

• Vent: We need to move out of our condo b/c it's just too small.

I bought in 2003 before DH and I even met and the market was still low. I should have sold the stupid place when the market was soaring and just rented something for a while.

In order to get out we're going to have to dump the place for way less then the purchase price.  We have equity in it so we won't be short selling or anything like that, but we're not going to make any money on it.

I'm irrationally frustrated b/c there are a lot of short sales and foreclosures in our neighborhood and they're dragging down our home value. 

I used to love the place and now I'm just resenting it... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ering1115:

confession- this one is embarassing at best.... if kris humphries could refrain from ever speaking, i would totally get with that.  he is hot- as long as he doesn't talk.  that makes him much less attractive.  i also think mitt romeny is a cutie but i am a sucker for power and wealth.   

I think Scott Disick is hot. And funny. 

Also, I find Ed Rendell and Bill Clinton sexy.  Power and charisma is sexy.

• image MrsBeagle:
    image ering1115:

I boycott all things Kardashian so I'm not really in tune to what these dudes are all about.  But Bill Clinton is my supersecretwhydoIthinkhe'shotbutIcan'thelpit crush.

• image MrsBeagle:
    image ering1115:

ed could have been an option but one of his ladies on the side while married to midge grosses me out.  a lot.  and i love midge.  so yeah, ed is off my list. 

• image ering1115:

ed could have been an option but one of his ladies on the side while married to midge grosses me out.  a lot.  and i love midge.  so yeah, ed is off my list. 

The day they announced their separation, I got 5 emails from friends saying "HE'S SINGLE NOW! GO FOR IT!"

I'm not sure how much I'm loving single Ed.  When he was Gov? Oh heck yea.

• P and i are both thinking about going back to school. I am sort of in the midst of applying for an MBA and he want's to go back and finish college. Although I am like yeah education. I am like jesus god what are we thinking. 
  • image larrysdarling:

Vent: We need to move out of our condo b/c it's just too small.

I bought in 2003 before DH and I even met and the market was still low. I should have sold the stupid place when the market was soaring and just rented something for a while.

In order to get out we're going to have to dump the place for way less then the purchase price.  We have equity in it so we won't be short selling or anything like that, but we're not going to make any money on it.

I'm irrationally frustrated b/c there are a lot of short sales and foreclosures in our neighborhood and they're dragging down our home value. 

ugh LD i know that feeling of resent. good luck, is renting it out not a possibility? i think you should just go for the move if it isn't.  

• image MrsBeagle:

image ering1115:

The day they announced their separation, I got 5 emails from friends saying "HE'S SINGLE NOW! GO FOR IT!"

I'm not sure how much I'm loving single Ed.  When he was Gov? Oh heck yea.

Haha, the day they announced their separation, I was running an event where he was being honored that night.  We were able to secure a lot of press there because of it and a female coworker ended up in a bunch of photos with him. We were teasing her that she might end up in the papers as his mistress.  I love him too because once he winked at me while we were both waiting in line at Saladworks in the Bellevue.  I nearly died.

• image ering1115:
    image MrsBeagle:
    image ering1115:

Bill Clinton, I get.  Ed not so much.  My good friend  used to do his events for him while he was mayor and then as governor and sometimes I would tag along to help her so I have met him a few times and I can't get over that rabbit overbite he has.  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I am having a crap day and want to not do any work, eat a lot of crap food, and pick up DS from daycare now (instead of the end of the day).

This is a problem because I have stuff to do today and I'm on Weight Watchers. so no crap food and no slacking.

and I think I'm getting pink eye. Womp wommpppppp

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • My confession is that I have no desire to get back to the gym whatsoever and I've already lost a month on my membership.  I seriously think someone may have to come to my house with a gun to my head in order to make me do it.  I am seriously unmotivated and it's bothering me.
  • confession: how the do you know if you're done having kids? i feel like dh & i are so back and forth about having another kid before we adopt in a few years. aren't i supposed to have this "there's no way another baby is coming out of me" feeling? and i also feel like an a$$ bc my reasons are quite selfish (ie. don't know that i feel like sleep training, potty training, pumping, making bottles, taking an infant to disney next year, etc...)
    image Ridin dirty
  • image MrsBeagle:
    image ering1115:

scott does it for me, only because he wears suits all the time.  nothing sexier than a man in a nice suit!! and i'm pretty sure mitt was undressing me with his eyes last night during the debateWink

image Ridin dirty
  • My confession is that I have a huge amount of weight to lose.  I am so unhappy with myself and I dread getting dressed everyday because I hate the way I look.  Despite all this I can't seem to find the motivation to stick to any sort of diet/exercise plan and the whole thing just gets me more depressed everyday.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Confession: My boss was able to secure an awesome media interview for one of my clients yesterday, and instead of being thrilled (because it really is a good thing for the account as a whole), I was just annoyed that he was so proud of himself. And a little bitter that I didn't secure the opportunity myself. Way to be a team player, Jess.

UO (or maybe not): I am seriously side-eyeing anyone who remotely supports Santorum and his extreme social views. I just can't deal with that man. 

• image jessicah628:

Confession: My boss was able to secure an awesome media interview for one of my clients yesterday, and instead of being thrilled (because it really is a good thing for the account as a whole), I was just annoyed that he was so proud of himself. And a little bitter that I didn't secure the opportunity myself. Way to be a team player, Jess.

UO (or maybe not): I am seriously side-eyeing anyone who remotely supports Santorum and his extreme social views. I just can't deal with that man. 

I had a professor in college who is a super liberal guy and just really awesome in general.  We used to have happy hours every Friday and he would get a buzz on and walk down the street to yell at Santorum's office building.  It was hilarious.

• image Shannon1110:
    My confession is that I have a huge amount of weight to lose.  I am so unhappy with myself and I dread getting dressed everyday because I hate the way I look.  Despite all this I can't seem to find the motivation to stick to any sort of diet/exercise plan and the whole thing just gets me more depressed everyday.

I could've written this post word for word.

• Confession: I have not done laundry since New Year's weekend.  Today I put on my very last pair of clean underwear.  I really hate putting clothes away.  My life is so lame.
  • image lachute:
    image larrysdarling:

Vent: We need to move out of our condo b/c it's just too small.

ugh LD i know that feeling of resent. good luck, is renting it out not a possibility? i think you should just go for the move if it isn't.  

I have no desire whatsoever to be a landlord. And in NJ, it's tough to get someone out of your rental once they're in - even if they stop paying.

No.desire. 

• image larrysdarling:
     I have no desire whatsoever to be a landlord. And in NJ, it's tough to get someone out of your rental once they're in - even if they stop paying.

No.desire. 

put it on the market and be done this spring.  

• image larrysdarling:

No.desire. 

So, so true. My mom dealt with a nightmare situation that took FOREVER to resolve. Not worth the hassle in most situations, IMO. 

• image Tianacheron:
    image MrsBeagle:
    image ering1115:

scott does it for me, only because he wears suits all the time.  nothing sexier than a man in a nice suit!! and i'm pretty sure mitt was undressing me with his eyes last night during the debateWink

I know why you like Scott Disick...

http://gawker.com/5844781/is-scott-disicks-***-like-an-elephants-trunk/gallery/2

But seriously, how freaking cute is Mason? 

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're def. thinking about it.

No idea where we'd move, though. Don't think we'd buy just yet. Might be crossing the Delaware into PA. 

• Confession: I want to get my real estate license. 

Confession 2: I always have to google how to spell license.

Vent: I want to throat punch my only coworker on a daily basis and will often stay a bit later in the office than 5:00pm so I dont have to walk out to the parking lot with her.

• image larrysdarling:

And in NJ, it's tough to get someone out of your rental once they're in - even if they stop paying.

What county in NJ?   We have a rental in Camden County (haddon heights) and I was VERY impressed with the speediness of the court hearing & sheriff coming to do the lockout.  All totalled from date of filing for eviction to actual sheriff lockout date was 30-40 days.   In philly it takes me upwards of 5 months :(

• image ooodsie:
    image larrysdarling:

And in NJ, it's tough to get someone out of your rental once they're in - even if they stop paying.

What county in NJ?   We have a rental in Camden County (haddon heights) and I was VERY impressed with the speediness of the court hearing & sheriff coming to do the lockout.  All totalled from date of filing for eviction to actual sheriff lockout date was 30-40 days.   In philly it takes me upwards of 5 months :(

Not Camden but that still holds no interest to me. I don't want to deal with potential property damage, late/non payers, trying to sell a rental,having to pay mortgage on two properties b/c the renters didn't pay, etc.