D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

waaaah! I don't wanna take down our tree :-(

someone call me a waaaahmbulance. I know we have to take it down and we need to go ahead and do it tonight because of a bunch of other stuff we need to get done in the house this weekend, but it's so pretty. and Warner likes it so much. and so do I.

oh, and because I'm almost 8 months pg and I don't feel like undecorating a damn Christmas tree.

quick! someone help me procrastinate! 

Re: waaaah! I don't wanna take down our tree :-(

• I don't want to take ours down either.  I felt so Grinchy about Christmas before Christmas, but now that it's over, I don't want to let it go.
    Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Go to bed and let DH do it! that was what I did when pg with Molly. I just gored it until he did it on his own. 
  • Technically, it's still the Christmas season - we're in the 12 days of Christmas right now. Our tree always stays up until January 6th (Epiphany) and this year it will actually be up until the 8th because we are having a party on the 7th.
  • image cif8:
    Technically, it's still the Christmas season - we're in the 12 days of Christmas right now. Our tree always stays up until January 6th (Epiphany) and this year it will actually be up until the 8th because we are having a party on the 7th.

Same here, except we always keep ours up until the 7th just because it was my grandmother's birthday. Even though we keep it up longer I'm still sad taking it down. Do you have any new decor you could put up? Valentine's Day is only a month and a half away... I try to rearrange things or change up my decor after the holidays to spice things up.

• I know!  Our house feels so cold and undecorated when we put away our Xmas decor.  :(

We have a fake tree, and so we keep it up through Jan. 

• normally I like to leave it up until the 7th because my birthday is the 6th :-) But we have a lot of stuff to do around the house this weekend and upcoming week, so it's best to get everything put away today. 

and it's all done now. DH just had to finish putting the boxes away and with the exception of our two poinsettias that are still  too pretty to throw away at this point, we have de-Christmased :-( 

eta: LOL. I just looked out the window as I hit post and realized that the wreathes are still on the windows. the outside stuff (there's not much) might stay up for a few more days :-)