Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Window treatments: where do you buy them?

I need new curtains in the living room and a new shade (Roman?) for the kitchen.  And I'm having a hard time finding something that I like. 

Where did you buy yours?

ETA: I've so far tried JC Penny, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Target.

Re: Window treatments: where do you buy them?

• World Market, Pier 1, Pottery Barn for curtains maybe?  We buy our blinds at Home Depot. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My livingroom curtains are actually table cloths from Target.  Hehe.  They were on clearance and they were the perfect color. 
  • image TheWop:
    World Market, Pier 1, Pottery Barn for curtains maybe?  We buy our blinds at Home Depot. 

Thanks.

I misspoke.  I'm looking for a Roman shade or rolling shade for the kitchen, not blinds.  Sorry.  I corrected my original post.

• We got our shades and blinds online, I will have to ask Brian where.  Just don't get the stringless shades, they worked like crap.

• Costco carries the Graber brand of shades and blinds online.  THey must sell a lot because they used to have a sales rep in stores on weeekend.

http://member.graberblinds.com/ProductLine.do?productLineId=82

• image gvsubride05:

We got our shades and blinds online, I will have to ask Brian where.  Just don't get the stringless shades, they worked like crap.

Cordless blinds are all we buy.  We have them in our first house and in this house as well.  We love them.

What didn't you like about them MB?

• THe cordless blinds stopped working after only a few years. THey would never fold up right and then they stopped working all together. For a couple of years, we couldn't even open them up (all six of them were broke). Brian said he had issues from the begining.

Finally when I was working from home and staying home with girls, I put my foot down and insisted we buy new blinds. I couldn't stand not having natural light come into the house.

• I have bought curtains and rods from JCP and curtains from Brylanehome.com. I have had good luck with both places.
  • I have Roman Blinds in my living room & dining room. I bought them at BB&B a long time ago. I had found some nice Roman Blinds at Meijer last spring. If you know someone who sews you there are some pretty easy patterns for making Roman Blinds........or so I'm told. LOL!
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • I found the window curtains that we have at Mendards.  They are basic, but yet they were reasonable (we got them while on sale) beat any other places price and I liked them a lot better. 
  • We bought two sets of window shades at Lowe's over the summer (ours are not Roman shades).  They seemed to have a pretty good selection of various types of window treatments there.  I imagine Home Depot carries them as well.
  • In our kitchen we have Levolor, cordless shades that will either push up from the bottom or pull down from the top.  They are either from Home Depot or Lowes, I can't remember. 

I love them because our kitchen window faces the street, and it's nice to be able to pull the top down to still get natural light at the end of the day, and have privacy.  We have had them for a year and a half, I think, and I am still very happy with them. 

This link hopefully gives you an idea how they look and work. 

• Here is the Levolor Roman shade gallery for you to look at.