Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TGIF

13»

Re: TGIF

• image charitylynne_1979:
    Ok so who is still here until 5?

Me. Even if they let us go early, since I'm on the phone, I have to stay in case people want to make year end donations and have it count for this tax year. 

• It's so dead here now. I think we had our flow of people and now we are done. I just wish boss would let us do something fun, or whatever. But oh well guess I can just surf the internet at websites that arent restricted by the company.
  • image Deeder522:

I was up really late last night finishing a book. I couldn't put it down. It was called "Sarah's Key". 

I live inside GR city limits. I do not recommend the public school system here. The Walker area is nice and just over the board in Ottawa county is Tallmadge Twshp. which is where my parents are. It's country living but with in 15-20min to downtown GR.

D&M: Wow cheap house. I have to agree that if I bought it I would tear it down and completely rebuild new on it. DH & I are talking about doing that with the next house we get. Build it from scratch.

Speaking of houses. I think mine is going up for sheriff sale in Feb. 2012. Hopefully it doesn't sell and we can stay here longer.  

I think the banks pretty much automatically buy it back. And isn't that when your six month redeemtion period begins?  So basically you can live there for six months without paying.  You can bank that money for a downpayment of a rental unit. Then I would check with your bank at about 5 months into the redemmetion period for "cash for key." See how much they are willing to give you to turn your keys in early. This will save them from having to do an eviction hearing.

• image gvsubride05:
    image Deeder522:

I was up really late last night finishing a book. I couldn't put it down. It was called "Sarah's Key". 

I live inside GR city limits. I do not recommend the public school system here. The Walker area is nice and just over the board in Ottawa county is Tallmadge Twshp. which is where my parents are. It's country living but with in 15-20min to downtown GR.

D&M: Wow cheap house. I have to agree that if I bought it I would tear it down and completely rebuild new on it. DH & I are talking about doing that with the next house we get. Build it from scratch.

Speaking of houses. I think mine is going up for sheriff sale in Feb. 2012. Hopefully it doesn't sell and we can stay here longer.  

I think the banks pretty much automatically buy it back. And isn't that when your six month redeemtion period begins?  So basically you can live there for six months without paying.  You can bank that money for a downpayment of a rental unit. Then I would check with your bank at about 5 months into the redemmetion period for "cash for key." See how much they are willing to give you to turn your keys in early. This will save them from having to do an eviction hearing.

Well the funny thing is that we relinquished the house back to the bank in the bankruptcy in July. So we have already been living "for free". We have just kind of been waiting to see what happens next. If it sells then we have 6 months to get out if it doesn't sell we stay until the the bank "pays" us to leave. I know of a few people that were paid $1k per person to leave.  

• Ok so here is how bored I am - I ate some cheese, German cookie, fudge, and fruit snacks.
  • image Deeder522:

Well the funny thing is that we relinquished the house back to the bank in the bankruptcy in July. So we have already been living "for free". We have just kind of been waiting to see what happens next. If it sells then we have 6 months to get out if it doesn't sell we stay until the the bank "pays" us to leave. I know of a few people that were paid $1k per person to leave.  

Dude, wish I'd known that when my house was foreclosed 7 years ago! I just assumed the foreclosure date was when I had to leave. My (now ex) husband disappeared so his parents and my parents helped me move everything out and clean it. I called the bank to ask where I should leave the keys and garage door opener and the lady seemed shocked. 

• image Deeder522:

GREAT book! One I'd like to read again sometime.  

• image Chymes:
    image Deeder522:

GREAT book! One I'd like to read again sometime.  

Indeed a very good book.

• image WendyGR:
    image Deeder522:

Dude, wish I'd known that when my house was foreclosed 7 years ago! I just assumed the foreclosure date was when I had to leave. My (now ex) husband disappeared so his parents and my parents helped me move everything out and clean it. I called the bank to ask where I should leave the keys and garage door opener and the lady seemed shocked. 

Yeah I would have been shocked too.  That is quite unusual.  Good karma coming your way for years.

I think we're going to go look at that 2-unit this weekend.  Squee.  I love this. 

Have a great weekend and a Happy New Year, friends!!!

• image Deeder522:

I've heard this was good.  Glad to hear another good review.