Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Morning To You...So Happy to See You

Music Good Morning To YOU! I'm so Happy to see you...."""Music

This is a song on one of the CDs my girls have from school. I will be singing it all morning now.

Re: Good Morning To You...So Happy to See You

• Today's Goal

Balance Checkbook (complete)
    Last load of laundry (in washer)
    Put  clean clothes away from yesterday
    Put the last of the Christmas items away
    Order pictures from Costco
    Upload video from camera and burn onto CD
    Back up files
    Relax
    Pick up drycleaning and girls from daycare

Now I just need to get my but moving so I can get to the last item on my list. Big Smile

• Man, I would love to have a kid free, non-work day to get stuff done.  Go you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Renee rolled over yesterday (back to tummy) Smile

It took her a little while to figure out she had to move her arm, but she did it.  She's still trying to figure out how to roll back though.  LOL. 

• I am freakin coming down with a cold again. Blah

I am keeping my Christmas stuff up until next weekend.

• image TheWop:

Renee rolled over yesterday (back to tummy) Smile

It took her a little while to figure out she had to move her arm, but she did it.  She's still trying to figure out how to roll back though.  LOL. 

Whoo hoo!! Go Renee.

• My alarm went off at 6:30, I turned it off and went back to bed until 8.  At 8, I called work and told them my alarm didn't go off and I would be in at 9.  Devil

I did wake up with a headache and a sore throat and was completely exhausted.  I think my body is trying to fight something off.  Plus we're slow at work right now and fully staffed.

I'm still very tired.  Sleep

Can't wait for this 3 day weekend!

• Yeah for making a to do list and getting things done.

Yeah for baby rolling over.

Boo for sickness.

I won't be taking for Christmas decorations until after the new year.

SS new speakers are coming today so he has asked the we his parents leave for a few hours so that he may "test" them out. At least he is kind enough to ask to leave before he blows them full blast. Hopefully we still have a house to come back to.  

• I am so not motivated this week. 
  • image WendyGR:
    I am so not motivated this week. 

Me either.  I haven't done much this morning.  I have a lot to get done though, and it sucks. 

• Who has to work Monday?
  • Is it going to be another slow day around here?
  • I hope not. I dont think that we are going to be that busy today - but I could be wrong. I will try to contribute to conversations more today.
  • I need to buy a new hair dryer today.  Mine has been making some bad noises lately.  LOL.  I'm afraid it's going to blow up and set my hair on fire. 
  • image TheWop:
    I need to buy a new hair dryer today.  Mine has been making some bad noises lately.  LOL.  I'm afraid it's going to blow up and set my hair on fire. 

I had one that just about burned my hair once. I have a better one now but barely use it. Has a diffuser too and I dont know how to use the darn thing. LOL

• image TheWop:

image WendyGR:
    I am so not motivated this week. 

Me either.  I haven't done much this morning.  I have a lot to get done though, and it sucks. 

Me three, on the motivation.  There is nothing to do.  I'd rather be at home.

• image charitylynne_1979:
    Who has to work Monday?

Not me!

• image Deeder522:

SS new speakers are coming today so he has asked the we his parents leave for a few hours so that he may "test" them out. At least he is kind enough to ask to leave before he blows them full blast. Hopefully we still have a house to come back to.  

Haha, that is funny.

• image Desmond&MollyJones:

image charitylynne_1979:
    Who has to work Monday?

Not me!

I dont know if we have to or not. Boss surprised us and gave us Monday off. Maybe he will do the same, but I dont know. It would be nice to have the day off.

Is it going to be another slow day around here?

I'm lurking a bit.  I'm really busy at work this week, though.

• image Kasa:

image Desmond&MollyJones:
    Is it going to be another slow day around here?

I'm lurking a bit.  I'm really busy at work this week, though.

Ditto.

Deeder, your SS cracks me up! I may have said this before, but he sounds like a great kid.

• image charitylynne_1979:

image charitylynne_1979:
    Who has to work Monday?

Not me!

I dont know if we have to or not. Boss surprised us and gave us Monday off. Maybe he will do the same, but I dont know. It would be nice to have the day off.

Your boss sounds like an idiot.  I cannot believe he doesn't give him employees ample notice when the office will be closed.

I get a list of my holidays at the beginning of each year.   I can't imagine them being all, "Surpise, you have tomorrow off for the holiday.  Enjoy!"  Ummm thanks for the notice.

• Hi lurkers!  Hope you guys have a good day!

image charitylynne_1979:

image charitylynne_1979:
    Who has to work Monday?

Not me!

Your boss sounds like an idiot.  I cannot believe he doesn't give him employees ample notice when the office will be closed.

I get a list of my holidays at the beginning of each year.   I can't imagine them being all, "Surpise, you have tomorrow off for the holiday.  Enjoy!"  Ummm thanks for the notice.

I don't usually know until a week before that we're closed for a holiday.  *shrug*  We will close if the holiday is on a weekday, but we're often open when others are not the day after.  For example, we were open the day after Thanksgiving, always are.   And I had to ask if we were open or not the Monday after Christmas.   Because we are the main supplier of 2 major retailers, we are often open to view sales and create orders for stores. 

• Awww.  :(  A co-worker, who called in sick this morning, just came in for a few minutes.  She said "Apparently, I am getting a divorce.  I'm just getting my ducks in a row."

I think she was completely blindsided. 

• image TheWop:
    image charitylynne_1979:

image charitylynne_1979:
    Who has to work Monday?

Not me!

I don't usually know until a week before that we're closed for a holiday.  *shrug*  We will close if the holiday is on a weekday, but we're often open when others are not the day after.  For example, we were open the day after Thanksgiving, always are.   And I had to ask if we were open or not the Monday after Christmas.   Because we are the main supplier of 2 major retailers, we are often open to view sales and create orders for stores. 

Ahh.  It must be a small business thing.  Sorry their communication skills are crap.  I would be annoyed...I love knowing far in advance so I can make plans.

Awww.  :(  A co-worker, who called in sick this morning, just came in for a few minutes.  She said "Apparently, I am getting a divorce.  I'm just getting my ducks in a row."

Oh no.  That's horrible.  I hope things to smoothly for her and she is able to find peace. 

image charitylynne_1979:

image charitylynne_1979:
    Who has to work Monday?

Not me!

He is. He didnt let us know about the day after Christmas until Christmas day.

• Des&Mol- It is annoying not knowing, especially now that I have to coordinate daycare.  It wasn't a huge issue before baby, but now I have to make a point to ask what days we're off/working.   Nick doesn't often know what days he has off either, now that I think of it.   I guess it's just normal for us to know things last minute. LOL.   
  • image TheWop:

Awww.  :(  A co-worker, who called in sick this morning, just came in for a few minutes.  She said "Apparently, I am getting a divorce.  I'm just getting my ducks in a row."

Oh no.  That's horrible.  I hope things to smoothly for her and she is able to find peace. 

She went home last night and all of his things were gone.  :(

image TheWop:

She went home last night and all of his things were gone.  :(

My ex bf did that to me so I know how she feels. I hope that things get better for her.