Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Drowning in paperwork--help!

I'm brand new to this board and hope someone can offer some tips,advice, etc.

My biggest problem is that I feel as if I'm drowning in paperwork. Every household has it I realize but my DH has children (exwife) and therefore after many contentious happenings between the two of them we document EVERYTHING and SAVE EVERYTHING.

This creates a mountain of paperwork, and that is with me saving as much as I can on the computer but somethings (lawyer paperwork--and there is a ton) are hard copies.

Ideas??

Re: Drowning in paperwork--help!

• Why need a hard copy if you can scan everything into you computer.  If you MUST keep a hard copy, get a binder, sheet protectors, and dividers and keep all of your papers in there.
  • I understand.. I like to keep hard copies too.  (After having my computer crash on me, I lost everything)  Maybe a file box?  You can get multiple hanging files to label and organize.  That's what I  do with all my paper work.
  • Do you have a file cabinet?  That's where we keep all paperwork that we need to hang onto.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pick up some accordion file folders. As many as you want. I have 3, one for household, one for school, and one for random. Everything is filed in there by the company or business.

But I don't keep hard copies, so it's pretty minimal. I scan it, and toss it. If I need a hard copy, I just print it.