Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Low Sex Drive

I need help!  Ever since I married my husband (2+ years ago), I feel like I've been losing my sex drive.  We had no problems with sex before we were married, but now it just seems like I am never in the mood.  I am very much attracted to my husband, but most nights I'd rather just go to sleep.  I thought maybe my birth control was the problem, so I stopped taking it 2 months ago.  Still no change.  

Part of the problem might be stress, I have a stressful job and work a second job on the side.  We own our house, and that always seems to be a source of stress as well, just keeping it clean and working on projects, etc. I also have some body image issues, I've gained some weight over the past year, and no matter how beautiful my husband tells me I am, I'm just not comfortable with myself.  But I've weighed more in the past, and still had no problem jumping into bed with him

I want to get my drive back.  I want to be intimate with my husband.  I really feel like something is wrong with me, and I don't know who to talk to about it, or where to go for help. 

Re: Low Sex Drive

• I suggest a complete physical.

Make sure all is right with your thyroid and your hormones.

If that checks out, it may be a self esteem thing and stress and just the pressures of every day living.

If you're concerned about a weight issue, try Weight Watchers, simply cutting back on food and getting more exercise.

Do you masturbate?

If you don't, start.:) When you find out what turns you on and what makes you orgasm, show him. I'll guarantee you you'll be rarin' to go for sex after that.:)
  • image TarponMonoxide:
    I suggest a complete physical.

Make sure all is right with your thyroid and your hormones.

If that checks out, it may be a self esteem thing and stress and just the pressures of every day living.

If you're concerned about a weight issue, try Weight Watchers, simply cutting back on food and getting more exercise.

Do you masturbate?

If you don't, start.:) When you find out what turns you on and what makes you orgasm, show him. I'll guarantee you you'll be rarin' to go for sex after that.:)

This hugely helped my sex drive! Give it a try.

• I have had my thyroid checked in the past.  It came back normal, but I have reason to suspect I may have a thyroid problem anyways.  I am actually on WW (have been for a year now) but have fallen off the wagon.  I started Insanity yesterday to jump start myself back into shape. 

I also masturbate, but haven't in a while....maybe the reasons are similar.