Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need a good bookcase

My fianc? and I are huge book lovers!  We like to keep a bunch of our books, but we don't have enough bookcases. I'm looking for some good tall bookcases.  He's really into the real wood ones.  Unfortunately there are no IKEAs near us.  Has anyone gotten a bookcase that you really like recently?

Re: Need a good bookcase

• walmart.com has tons of bookcases. And they're really cheap. DH & I got one for the nursery. I think it's Ameriwood. It's pretty small, 3 shelves since we're using it for her toys at the moment. But they have taller ones, too, and the one we got is really sturdy.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you're just looking for a tall, inexpensive book case, I've gotten a ton at Target.  The only thing is, they're not real wood and look kind of flimsy.

Lately, I've been looking a lot on Craigslist.  Book cases seem to be a popular item on there.  The only thing is, a lot of them require a little DIY to update/refinish them.

• Thanks everyone!  I'm thinking we might want to go with some cheaper ones because we have ALOT of books to store!
  • I know you said you don't have an ikea near you, but I thought I would let you know they do have really good shipping deals from time to time. That is how my DH and I ended up with our 8 Billy bookcases from them. And we LOVE them! They are taller than most bookcases I've found, and hold a lot of weight without bowing. (We are also huge book lovers.)

Last holiday season we were looking into getting them, and the cost of 4 bookcases with shipping was about 700-800 bucks. We decided to skip them, since we would be paying more in shipping than the actual bookcases. On cyber monday they ran a deal that if you bought $500 worth of merchandise, shipping would be free. In the end we got 8 bookcases shipped for less than what 4 would have been. I'm sure they have other similar deals through out the year.