D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kindle question

OK - I somehow ended up with $175 in Amazon gift cards (lucky me!), so I am tempted to buy myself a Kindle of some sort.

We don't have a tablet yet, so I'm looking at the Kindle Fire, but I really want an e-reader and know the regular kindles have the e-ink which seems like it would be easier on my eyes.

So what should I go for?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kindle question

• I really like my old-school Kindle for reading.  Also, the Kindle Fire doesn't have 3G, so if downloading books on the go is important to you, keep that in mind.  For reading, I'd probably get the Kindle Touch 3G.  If you want something that also has some tablet functionality, then I'd get the Kindle Fire.
  • I'd recommend the regular Kindle. I've read that the Kindle Fire has a lot of issues, and you're right in that it doesn't have the epaper. I love love love reading on my regular Kindle and don't think I could ever get tired of it. :)