D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

wanna feel old?

my beloved radio station from RI is going back to the 90s this week. i feel older than dirt but it's been so awesome hearing songs i haven't heard in 10+ years.

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/player/flash/audio_player.php?id=WBRUFM&uid=22 

Re: wanna feel old?

• What scares me is when I hear a song from 1995 and then I realize that was 16 years ago. I really feel like the 90s weren't that long ago!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageWinesNotWhines:
    What scares me is when I hear a song from 1995 and then I realize that was 16 years ago. I really feel like the 90s weren't that long ago!

this is exactly what makes me feel old!  

• i said something about "Chandler Bing" at work yesterday and a youngin had no idea what i was talking about.
  • imageWinesNotWhines:
    What scares me is when I hear a song from 1995 and then I realize that was 16 years ago. I really feel like the 90s weren't that long ago!

I know that I'm one of the younger posters, but I feel the same way, at least about the latter part of the 90s.

• imageKimWard:

imageWinesNotWhines:

I know that I'm one of the younger posters, but I feel the same way, at least about the latter part of the 90s.

me too! what's really been hitting me hard is when I see sports players that were born a few years after me...that's hard for me for some reason!

• imagekirnat848:
    imageKimWard:

imageWinesNotWhines:

me too! what's really been hitting me hard is when I see sports players that were born a few years after me...that's hard for me for some reason!

kirnat, i am now of the age that sports players my age are (at best) in the "twilight" of their careers 

• imageMrsSstrug:
    i said something about "Chandler Bing" at work yesterday and a youngin had no idea what i was talking about.

Oy.  I swear it's only been a few months since I last referred to "I'm trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre."

I listen to the 90s station on SiriusXM all the time, so I can pretend 90s music is just always around :)  But this will be a good diversion at the office.  Oh goodness - they're playing Primus right now.  DD just doesn't appreciate Primus whenever they come on the radio in the morning.  (I suppose I didn't much care for Primus in the 90s either...)

imageimageimage
  • imagecheekywife:
    imagekirnat848:
    imageKimWard:

imageWinesNotWhines:

kirnat, i am now of the age that sports players my age are (at best) in the "twilight" of their careers 

Same here.  I also get freaked out that my doctor and dentist are now approximately my age.  I am sure they are qualified, but I still feel like medical professionals should be my parents' age, not my own.

I referenced Ross's leather pants and the baby powder/lotion paste incident on F&B the other day, I guess I was dating myself...

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • imagejenn248:
    imagecheekywife:
    imagekirnat848:
    imageKimWard:

imageWinesNotWhines:

Same here.  I also get freaked out that my doctor and dentist are now approximately my age.  I am sure they are qualified, but I still feel like medical professionals should be my parents' age, not my own.

I referenced Ross's leather pants and the baby powder/lotion paste incident on F&B the other day, I guess I was dating myself...

ROSS IS WEARING LEATHER PANTS.....ROSS IS WEARING LEATHER PANTS!

• imageMrsSstrug:
    i said something about "Chandler Bing" at work yesterday and a youngin had no idea what i was talking about.

I made a reference at work to being an anti-dentite, and my direct report had no idea what that was. When I told her it was a Seinfeld reference, she said it had gone off air when she was in elementary school and she'd never seen it. 

• imageMrsSstrug:

Or do you mean Miss Chanandler Bong? Smile