Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need good $3 boy gift

C's holiday party at school is next week. They do a grab bag gift and the limit is $3. I don't think that I have ever spent $3 on a gift before in my life. HELP! What can I get a boy for that price?

Re: Need good $3 boy gift

• I was trying to get to a certain $ amount for a coupon at Toys R Us. They had some card games for young kids that were about $2.79 I think :) 

Or you could always just do Matchbox cars. 

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
    Became a family of three 8/25/09
  • Maybe a couple Matchbox or Hot Wheel cars??
  • image HawkeyeBride04:
    Maybe a couple Matchbox or Hot Wheel cars??

Jinx 

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
    Became a family of three 8/25/09
  • Coloring/activity book & small pack of markers

Temporary tattoos 

Bath markers and a thing of bath tablets (that turn the water colors - we call them "Elmo Colors" here because Elmo's on the outside of the bottle)

• Check out Target's dollar section. They have some neat wooden toys...cars, trucks, planes, etc for $1 and 4 containers of generic play doh...They have some cool coloring things too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Amy&Andy:
    Check out Target's dollar section. They have some neat wooden toys...cars, trucks, planes, etc for $1 and 4 containers of generic play doh...They have some cool coloring things too.

Ditto this.  DS has a lion and tiger from the bins that make noise and he LOVES them!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Pixie sticks and rubber bands
  • Dollar spot.

Toy cars.

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• $1 section at Michaels. They have wind-up toys. Tommy could and would play with them for hours.
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • image jplove:

image Amy&Andy:
    Check out Target's dollar section. They have some neat wooden toys...cars, trucks, planes, etc for $1 and 4 containers of generic play doh...They have some cool coloring things too.

Ditto this.  DS has a lion and tiger from the bins that make noise and he LOVES them!

Noah spent his $1 from the tooth fairy on a tiger that made noise there, so I second this!